5) Pick A Puppy

A day later, after, much to Eggsy, Roxy and Tasha's annoyance, Charlie and his goons tipped a bucket of water onto Eggsy in his sleep that night, Merlin had them all standing smartly in Kingsman military suits, hands behind their backs. Tasha had told Roxy about her past and her abilities, but not anyone else. Roxy was the only one of them she was comfortable with apart from Eggsy. 

"As some of you will have learned last night, teamwork is paramount here at Kingsman." Said Merlin. "We're here to enhance your skills, and test you to the limit, which is why you're gonna pick a puppy. Wherever you go, your dog goes. You will care for it. You will teach it, and by the time it's fully trained, so will you be. Those of you who're still here, that is." He added. "Do you understand?" Everyone nodded in response. "Now choose your puppy." 

Everyone walked forward, and as Tasha did so, she immediately knew which puppy she was going to pick. This is gonna be fun, she thought to herself with a smile as she chose her puppy. 

"A Golden Retriever?" Roxy asked Tasha out of curiosity a minute later, when they were stood proudly once again, but this time with their chosen puppy. 

"Yeah. I've never had one 'cause me and my dad live in a flat and before that we couldn't afford it, but I s'ppose I've always loved dogs, and I heard somewhere that Golden Retrievers are friendly, loyal, hardworking and easy to train." Tasha replied. 

"A poodle?" Eggsy asked Roxy, looking down at the black poodle sitting at her feet. He was smirking slightly because he was under the impression that all poodles were girly. 

"They're gundogs." Roxy explained. "Oldest working breed, easy to train." 

"A pug?" Smirked Tasha, staring down at Eggsy's tiny pug that was sat there whimpering and whining. 

"It's a bulldog, innit?" Eggsy retorted, then he turned and said to Roxy, "It'll get bigger though, won't it?" 

Roxy shook her head in reply, and Eggsy swore under his breath, to which Tasha tried to hide a slight laugh. 

"Come on, slowcoach!" Tasha joked to Eggsy when they all took off at a jog with their chosen puppies on leashes. Eggsy and his pug were lagging behind somewhat, although the word 'somewhat' would be an understatement in this case. 

"Well it's alright for you, Tash, 'cause yours actually goes along with you!" Eggsy said back, pulling his leash hard to get his pug to move as it was struggling hard against him and the leash. Tasha chuckled and slowed down to help him. After a couple of tries, they eventually managed to get the little pug puppy, who Eggsy had decided to name 'JB' to move along with them, but looking up ahead where Roxy and the others were, they discovered they had a lot of catching up to do. 

"Come on, let's go!" Said Tasha, and Eggsy nodded. Then they both took off at a faster jog to try and keep up with the others. Their puppies ran alongside them on their leashes. "God, that's a long distance." Tasha also remarked, eyeing the distance between them and the others. 

"Just pretend you're running from Pauline or something!" Eggsy joked. Tasha laughed slightly at the thought as they ran together. 

Over the next few days, Eggsy and Tasha were also required to take part in a written test, during which Tasha found the silence intimidating and it pressed down on her like undersea pressure, but her and Eggsy still aced the test, and then they had a guns and arms test. They got brilliant scores in that, too! 

However, their happiness at how well they'd done in their tests didn't last long, because the next day, they'd received terrible news about what had happened to Harry that day when he went to interrogate Professor Arnold. 

As soon as they heard about it, Eggsy and Tasha both took off at a sprint down the halls of the Kingsman mansion and burst through the doors to the infirmary room to see Merlin and Kingsman's leader, Arthur, standing there, above the bed of an unconscious Harry. His face was pale and sweaty and there were bandages wrapped around his wrists with a chest tube inserted into his side. The room was silent apart from the sounds of a heart monitor in the background and the gentle hiss of oxygen. 

"How is he?" Tasha asked, walking into the room with Eggsy and standing next to Harry's bed. 

"His condition is stable. The doctors are doing everything they can." Arthur replied. "They say it might be a while before he wakes up." 

"He has to make it." Said Eggsy. No matter how much he tried to hide it, Tasha could still detect an edge of sadness in his tone of voice. "I know he will." 

"Agreed. I know it, too." Said Tasha. "But what are we gonna do?"

"The best thing we can do for now is to wait and hope that he'll wake up soon." Merlin replied. Eggsy and Tasha nodded in understanding. "And unless I'm very much mistaken, I believe you're absent from one of your tests right now."

"Yeah, we are." Said Eggsy.

"Well you two'd best be getting back to it before they notice you're gone." Said Arthur.

"Okay." Tasha acknowledged. "We'll come back to visit Harry again later." And, reluctantly, she turned around and left the infirmary room with Eggsy, wondering in the back of her mind wether Harry was truly going to be okay.