11) Switching The Glasses

Eggsy and Tasha ran as fast as their legs could carry them into the main meeting room of the Kingsman mansion. Arthur was sitting alone at the head of the table, certainly looking the part for his codename in the 'Knights of the Round Table' motif.

"Arthur, Harry's dead." Eggsy said upon entering the room, standing side-by-side with Tasha, who'd calmed down after witnessing Harry's death but it still hadn't completely sunk in yet. Eggsy's tone of voice was also laced with sadness.

"Galahad is dead." Arthur corrected. "Hence, we have just drunk a toast to him."

"Well then you know what that psycho's doin'!" Said Tasha, her voice still shaking in shock at the recent events. "How many people around the world have got those SIM cards? Valentine can send his signal to any of 'em! All of 'em!"

"And if they all go homicidal at the same time, Arthur, then-" Eggsy added, but was cut off in mid-sentence.

"Indeed. And thanks to Galahad's recording, we have Valentine's confession." Arthur informed, not sounding in the least bit shocked about what had just happened as Tasha and Eggsy were. If he was, he was certainly doing a good job of hiding it. "The intelligence has been passed on to the relevant authorities. Our work is complete and a most distinguished legacy for our fallen friend it is, too."

"And that's it?" Asked Eggsy.

"Come sit down." Arthur said, motioning towards the chairs on either side of him. Eggsy and Tasha went to dit down, but before they did so, Eggsy appeared to have noticed something peculiar, and, without Arthur noticing, he motioned slightly out the corner of his eye towards Arthur's right ear. As she walked towards her seat, Tasha looked in the direction that Eggsy was looking towards, and saw that Arthur had a distinctive scar behind his right ear.

He was on Valentine's side, too.

For a moment, Tasha was too shocked to even move, until after a split-second, she finally came to her senses and did the best thing for her to do at that moment, which was to just sit down and pretend she hadn't seen a thing.

"This is an 1815 Napoleonic brandy." Said Arthur. "And we only drink it when we lose a Kingsman." He then placed 3 glasses on the table in front of them. His and Tasha's glasses appeared to be already filled with brandy, and he reached for the bottle of brandy to fill up Eggsy's glass. "Galahad was very fond of you both, and on this occasion, I think it's acceptable for us to bend the rules a little."

Tasha and Eggsy had to think of something, and fast, because they both knew as soon as they saw Tasha's glass already full and also seeing the scar behind his right ear that Arthur was planning to do something horribly sinister to Tasha. Luckily, Tasha had come up with a plan 2 seconds before this point, so she put it into action.

"So these're all Kingsmen?" Tasha asked, pointing at the pictures and painting of what looked like older Kingsman members from when the organisation was first founded.

"Yes, they're founder members." Arthur replied, looking at the paintings Tasha was pointing to. Tasha was clever, and used this moment as a distraction, so she sneakily switched her and Arthur's glasses round so that he'd get hers and vice versa. Eggsy saw this and, also without Arthur noticing, he raised his eyebrows slightly and a small smirk appeared on his face whilst looking at Tasha. 

"A toast." Arthur turned back around to face them and raised his glass. "To Galahad." 

"To Galahad." Said Eggsy.

"To Galahad." Tasha added, and the 3 of them clinked their glasses together before they all downed the brand you that was in them. It tasted slightly different to Tasha, as she was only 16 so she wasn't used to drinking alcohol. But she felt a lot more relieved knowing that she'd managed to switch the glasses in time. 

"Harry says you don't like to break rules, Arthur. Why now?" Eggsy asked.

"You're very good, Eggsy. Perhaps I will make you or Tasha my proposal for Galahad's position." Said Arthur. "Provided, of course, that we can all see eye to eye on certain political matters. Tasha, can you guess... what this is?" He then picked up one of the pens that Harry had shown Eggsy and Tasha which contained poison. He then opened the lid of the pen, revealing the small switch that could trigger the poison. 

"Don't have to guess, Arthur." Replied Tasha. "Harry showed us. You click it, I die. I thought that brandy tasted a bit rank!" She added, with a slight giggle. 

"Bravo." Arthur chuckled. 

"Valentine won you over somehow." Said Eggsy

"Once he explained, I understood." Arthur then began to explain what Valentine had told him about his plan which involved the 'nasty SIM cards' that Harry mentioned before he was killed. Tasha could barely believe what she was hearing. Arthur had sold himself out to Valentine. The leader of Kingsman himself. 

"So Valentine's gonna take care of the population problem himself." Eggsy realised. 

"Well, if we don't do something, nature will. Sometimes a culling is the only way to ensure that this species survives, and history will see Valentine as the man who saved humanity from extinction." Arthur explained to them. 

"And he gets to pick and choose who gets culled, does he?" Said Tasha. "All his rich mates, they get to live and anyone he thinks is worth saving, he's keeping 'em safe wether they agree with 'im or not." 

"And you both, Tasha and Eggsy. In Harry's honor, I'm inviting you two to be part of the new world. It's time to make your decision." Arthur informed.

Tasha took a moment to consider her reply and to let the fact that their leader had betrayed them sink in.

"I think I'd rather be with Harry, thanks." Tasha replied. 

"Me too." Eggsy agreed.

"And with all do respect, Arthur, this isn't what Harry would've wanted at all, so don't say that this whole thing's in his 'honor'." Added Tasha. 

"Then so be it." Arthur pressed the button on the pen which was supposed to trigger the poison. After a few moments, Eggsy smirked a little bit whilst Tasha also did a fake yawn because nothing was happening. 

"The problem with us common types is that we're light-fingered." Tasha explained as Arthur began to convulse in pain from the poison. "Kingsman's taught me a lot, but slight of hand... I had that down already." She leaned forwards. 

"You... dirty little..." Arthur said, but his voice trailed off as he slumped down onto the table and took his last breath. 

After this, Eggsy picked up the pen from the table, took off the lid, and then Tasha cringed as he used it to cut through the scar behind Arthur's right ear and got the chip out. 

"We've gotta tell Merlin about this." Said Eggsy, looking at the chip for a few moments. Tasha nodded in agreement, but before Arthur's phone chimed. Eggsy picked up the phone, am dead after he saw what was on the screen, he added, "Whoa. Tash, look!" He sounded worried. Tasha looked at the phone screen, and saw that Valentine sent out an alert to everyone who had the chips implanted in their heads, obviously meant to include Arthur. 

It said that they only had 5 hours to go until 'V Day'

After seeing this, Eggsy and Tasha both took off at a sprint out of the room and to wherever Merlin was. They had to tell someone about the new information they'd acquired.