10) Church Fight

A/N: Just to let you know, I'm manipulating the plot of Kingsman: The Secret Service to suit the story.

"'To pee or not to pee'?" Eggsy questioned in Harry's house with Tasha standing next to him a couple of hours later that same day, after he had also passed the whole 'shoot the dog' test. He pointed towards one of the numerous newspaper headlines on the wall, each one of them retelling the events of one of Harry's daring adventures. 

"That was the headline the day after I defused a dirty bomb in Paris." Said Harry.

"'Germany - 1, England - 5'! Nice!" Commented Tasha, looking at another newspaper headline not far way from 'to pee or not to pee'. 

"Missed that game." Replied Harry. "I was breaking up an undercover spy ring at the Pentagon." 

Eggsy and Tasha then walked over to what looked like a very old newspaper headline. It wouldn't have looked out of place in the 1980s, judging by the fact that it looked older than all the others. "My first mission." Harry explained. "Foiled the assassination of Margaret Thatcher."

"Not everyone would thank you for that one." Said Eggsy as he walked over to one of the leather chairs in the room and sat down. Tasha shifted around on her feet until she asked,

"Harry, can I please sit down?"

"Of course." Harry answered, and she sat down in the other leather chair next to Eggsy. "The point is, Eggsy, nobody thanked me for any of them." Harry continued. "Front page news on all these occasions was just celebrity nonsense, because it's the nature of Kingsman that our achievements remain secret. A gentleman's or lady's name should appear in the newspaper only 3 times: when they are born, when they marry and when they die. And we are, first and foremost, gentlemen." 

"Well that's us screwed then." Said Tasha. "It's like Charlie said, me and Eggsy are just a couple of plebs." 

"Nonsense. Being a gentleman or proper lady has nothing to do with the circumstances of one's birth. It is something one learns." Harry told her. 

"Yeah, but how?" Asked Eggsy.

"Alright, first lesson:" Harry began. "You should have asked me before you took a seat, like Tasha did. Second lesson... how to make a proper Martini." Harry added this part with a smile. 

"Yes, Harry." Eggsy replied in approval at this, and Tasha agreed with him by adding excitedly,

"What are we waiting for, then?" But just as her and Eggsy were about to begin this lesson on how to make a proper Martini, Harry suddenly stood up and listened through the glasses he was wearing to what Merlin was telling him, before he told Merlin through the glasses,

"South Glade Mission Church. Merlin, get the plane ready." Then he turned towards Eggsy and Tasha. "You two stay right here. We'll get to that Martini business I was talking about when I get back." He told them before turning around and walking out of the room. 

"Where's Harry?" Asked Tasha, when she and Eggsy were watching a video livestream of the church Harry had gone to a while later. 

"I don't know. All I can see I see the back of people's heads, but he's pretty close I think." Replied Eggsy. 

"And anyway, what the hell is this?!" Commented Tasha, gesturing with her hand towards the laptop screen. "This sermon is terrible!" 

"I know, right?" Eggsy agreed. "Pretty sick stuff. And when I say 'sick', I mean like in the bad way. Wait a sec, what's happening now?!" Eggsy suddenly asked as they both saw Harry standing in the church with his back to everyone else who was in there, and he seemed to just stand there for a moment, as if he was contemplating something. 

"Wait, what's he-" Tasha began to ask when she saw Harry turn around and point his gun at the forehead of a woman in the church who was yelling something at him, but Tasha was abruptly cut off when they both saw Harry pull the trigger, and then everyone in the church began to fight each other violently, trying to massacre each other as if they were in a blind killing frenzy. From the looks of things, they probably were. 

"HOLY HELL!" Eggsy exclaimed, but what surprised them the most was that Harry was joining in with the killing spree, shooting everyone and beating the living hell out of them. 

"Jeez! This is terrible! I can't watch this, I'm gonna be sick." Tasha grimaced at the sight of all this, then covered her eyes with both her hands. "What do you think's wrong with 'im?" Tasha asked Eggsy.

"I honestly have no idea, Tash. But I have a nasty feeling Valentine's got something to do with it." 

A couple of minutes later, Tasha heard everything from the video livestream go silent, so she uncovered her eyes and saw that Harry had extremely distinct traces of sadness and remorse on his face after realising he'd killed all those people. Then the next camera shot was from outside the church. Harry walked out the front doors of the church, his hair slightly more messy than it was before and small drops of blood were splattered across the collar of his suit and his hands. Valentine and his assistant, Gazelle, were waiting for him, smug smiles plastered across their faces. Two of Valentine's goons were stood on either side of him, pointing their guns at Harry.

"What did you do to me?" Harry asked Valentine, sounding calm but also guilt-stricken by what he'd just done. "I had no control. I killed all those people. I wanted to." 

"Clever, isn't it?" Said Valentine. "In simple terms, it's a neurological wave that triggers the centres of aggression and switches off inhibitors."

"Transmitted through your nasty free SIM cards, I assume?" Said Harry, rhetorically.

Valentine walked closer towards Harry before saying, "You know what this is like? It's like those old movies we both love. Now I'm gonna tell you my whole plan, and then I'm gonna come up with some absurd and convoluted way to kill you and then you'll find an equally convoluted way to escape." 

"Sounds good to me." Harry remarked. 

"Well this ain't that kind of movie." Valentine replied, then he pointed his gun at Harry's head, and pulled the trigger. 

"NO!" Eggsy and Tasha both yelled at the same time. Tasha was extremely close to tears. The man who'd rescued her from illegal experimentation 10 years ago, and who was her and Eggsy's friend and mentor, was dead. Tasha finally embraced the feeling, and after Eggsy closed the laptop, Tasha buried her head into his chest and began to cry softly as Eggsy gave her a comforting hug, close to crying himself.