12) V-Day

"What the hell's this?" Eggsy asked, picking up something out of a yellow bag in Merlin's Kingsman jet. Tasha held up her hands and shrugged as if to say 'I've got absolutely no idea'. 

"What you're playing with is a prototype personal transatmospheric vehicle." Merlin replied whilst putting the plane into autopilot mode. "It was developed as part of Reagan's Star Wars project. It's pretty basic, but it should still work. We're gonna take out one of Valentine's satellites. We're gonna break the chain, and stop the signal. It'll take him a couple of hours to reroute it, which buys us enough time for you two to get me into Valentine's mainframe so I can shut it down. Lancelot, you're going to be using it." He added to Roxy. "Get into your H.A.L.O suit." 

Roxy nervously got up from her seat and walked into the bathroom to get changed. Tasha and Eggsy both felt kinda bad for her, because they knew about her fear of heights. Merlin, meanwhile, was carefully examining the chip that Eggsy and Tasha had aquired. "It seems the implant can emit some kind of counter signal to ensure the wearer remains unaffected by the waves from the SIM cards." Said Merlin.

"The waves that turn everyone into a psycho killer." Tasha added. 

"Quite. But what he probably didn't tell anyone is that it can also super heat their soft tissue at his command. Valentine selected his chosen few to get the countdown warning, but he had to be sure they didn't blab to the wrong people beforehand."

"Like the time Harry was in a coma?" 

"Exactly, Tasha." 

"How does this help us right now?" Said Eggsy. 

"It doesn't." Answered Merlin, to which Eggsy and Tasha exchanged confused looks. 

A few minutes later, Eggsy and Tasha stood off to the side as Roxy got into the machine. 

"You can do this. Just don't look down." Eggsy reassured Roxy, and Tasha nodded in agreement. 

"Yeah." Said Roxy. 

"Eggsy! Tasha! Come on! Time is not our friend!" Merlin yelled to them from the jet, to which Tasha and Eggsy turned around and swiftly ran back into the jet. They waved to Roxy as the plane took off and left. 

"You two are getting in on Arthur's invitation." Said Merlin.

"What about me?" Asked Tasha. 

"You'll be Eggsy's plus one. You're both going to have to blend in." 

"I'm supposed to be Arthur?" Said Eggsy. 

"His invitation's in his phone. Give them this." Merlin handed Arthur's phone over to Eggsy. "Give them his real name, Chester King. Tasha, you're going to have to improvise on who exactly you'll be." 

"But what about you, Merlin?" Said Tasha. 

"I'm your pilot. I'm going to stay here. Get dressed." And he handed over 2 bags, one each to Eggsy and Tasha. Eggsy went to get changed behind a curtain whilst Tasha retreated into the bathroom. 

"Oh hell yeah." Tasha muttered to herself when she saw what was inside the bag she'd been given: the same black high-heeled lace-up boots Harry had shown her, along with a black dress, a white jacket, black tights, a signet ring and a white skirt. After putting them on, Tasha took a moment to stare a tiny her reflection in the mirror, and she looked completely different to the cockney street kid she'd known for the 16 years of her life. She looked like this after she'd also finished straightening her hair:

Tasha already wore glasses, so they'd been programmed with the technology in the Kingsman glasses in advance, and she didn't find it hard to walk in the high-heels, although she hadn't really walked much in heels in her life

Tasha already wore glasses, so they'd been programmed with the technology in the Kingsman glasses in advance, and she didn't find it hard to walk in the high-heels, although she hadn't really walked much in heels in her life. She then put on the white shuriken flower hairpin that Harry had also showed her and she picked up her white Kingsman parasol before walking out of the bathroom, where Eggsy was already waiting. He was wearing a smart and snazzy suit, with black-rimmed glasses and his hair was combed back neatly. 

"Looking good, you two!" Merlin commented. 

"Feeling good, Merlin." Tasha replied with a smile on her face. Eggsy nodded with the same smile. 

Then a few minutes later, Merlin yelled to them that they were approaching Valentine's mountain base, so Tasha finished fluffing up the ends of her hair as the jet landed on a runway inside the mountain. 

"Come on, Tash. We're on." Eggsy told her when the door opened, and they both disembarked from the jet, whilst Tasha was still holding her white parasol that she'd been given. 

"Chester King. And this is my wife, Angela. Come along, darling." Eggsy said in a posh accent, beckoning for Tasha to come over to him as she walked behind him out of the jet. Tasha rolled her eyes and smirked a little bit at this. Eggsy handed over Arthur's phone to the woman he was talking to, and after checking to make sure they were legit, she said, 

"Mr and Mrs King. Welcome." With a welcoming smile. She spoke with an American accent. "I'm sure you've both adhered to Valentine's strict no-weapons policy, but if you don't object..." 

"Not at all." Said Eggsy. 

"Of course. Go ahead." Added Tasha, and the woman scanned their bodies for weapons, although Eggsy and Tasha knew that they'd never be able to pick up Kingsman weapons. 

"Thank you. Do you have any luggage?" She asked, to which Eggsy turned towards Merlin.

"Congratulations, Mycroft. You've just graduated from my pilot to my valet." Eggsy said. Tasha had to try hard, once again, to suppress a smirk.

"Cheeky little...-" Merlin began quietly. 

"Understood?" Eggsy gave Merlin a wink. "Good. Thank you." He added as the woman handed Arthur's phone back to him. Tasha took Eggsy's arm as they were lead away by the woman and the two soldiers beside her. 

"'Come along darling'? I'm gonna smack you one of these days, Eggsy Unwin!" Tasha jokingly whispered to Eggsy, who smiled smugly and also tried to hide a laugh.