Jordyn

Jordyn

In my head I had already rearrange the guest room for more of an open layout, that matched my spirit. Because this was something I really needed. I need the peace, the silence and being able to hear myself think. But I haven't even agreed to the opportunity yet, but I'd be a damn fool to pass this on cause of my crazy ass Auntie.

I put away the last few remaining slices of pizza into the fridge, then wander down the halls until I found the guest room I wanted. I passed up three before I got to one with a balcony and a bathroom skylight. I could really get use to this, especially with no strings attached.

The night finally crawled in and I was showered and restless. That nap from earlier was so good and well needed that I'm wide awake. I laid back in bed staring out of the sliding door to the balcony when I could hear some heavy thumping down the hall. I got up and followed the sound. The wood floor lightly creaked under my bare feet.

The room the sound was coming from had its door ajar. I peeked in and Dwayne was working out. He has his on personal gym? That means I can have my own gym.

His body looked to have not an ounce of fat on it. C'mon now, a doctor really doesn't need to be that damn fit. I thought to myself as I stared through the cracked door. He laid on the bench and was pressing what looked to be about 125 pounds. He could lift me with no problem then, Jo you tripping girl. Let me take my ass to bed. I went to turn around when my wrist hit the knob and pushed the door open a little more.

"That you Jordyn?" He called out.

I cursed myself before sliding into the room.

"Yea it's me. I heard the weights hitting the floor and just investigated it." I said truthfully

"Ok well while you up, have you thought about it?" He asked while wiping the sweat from his forehead then abdomen.

"Ummm, yea actually...I'm taking you up for it."

___

After my class, I made my way back to my apartment. I needed to start packing up my stuff if I was going to move into my uncles place.

He said he'd meet me there so he could help me. I was just glad I didn't have to move on my own. It's was a hassle but it'd be worth it cause I wouldn't have to deal with my roommate any longer.

"Hey Jo." My uncle greeted me at the front steps of the building.

"Hi. Come on in, I'll show you to my place." I said to him. He nodded and followed me into the elevator.

"How was school?" He asked me.

"It was cool day, just my management class and all we did was role play. Another than that how was work?" I asked him.