Epilogue

Time had flown by quick, it had been almost two years and boy had they been hectic. I had graduated with my bachelors, and started graduate school. My thesis project had taken up a lot of time, sleepless nights, and headaches but Dwayne had been by my side every step of the way.

I was thankful for him being by myself throughout everything. Even more so cause we didn't have to hide our relationship from anyone. It did feel weird at first, but I got over it. There was no point in hiding it from anyone.

Today was the day of the ceremony, and I was still fixing my hair. Dwayne was on the phone talking to someone, but I wasn't paying attention to a single word he said. I was more preoccupied with my hair than his conversation.

"This should do." I said as I finished curling my hair.

Getting up from the vanity, I fixed my gown, and safety pinned my sashes to it. Liking how I looked, I walked over to Dwayne and told him I was ready.

"Have I said how proud I am of you?" He asked me as he put his phone away.

"Yes." I smiled at him.

"Good. Now let's go before I change my mind and I make you mine right now." He said to me before giving me a quick kiss.

"Believe me, I'd much rather skip it." I said truthfully. I didn't see the point in walking, I didn't have any family cheering me on. The only one there would be Dwayne. Kind of sad and pathetic that not even my own family would turn up.

"Nonsense. You earned this, you're walking with your class." He said.

"You owe me for making me walk." I said to him before turning around and walking out of the room.

Almost two hours later the ceremony started and they called up the names. I was called and I began to walk across the stage. Smiling, I posed for the pic with the dean and then headed back to my seat.

The ceremony continued for another hour until the names were called, and the speeches were done. I was glad it was now finally over and I could begin relaxing until I land a job.

I made my way over to where Dwayne said he'd be waiting for me. As soon as he saw me, a big smile spread on his face.

"I'm proud of you." He said to me as he engulfed me in a hug.

"Congratulations!" I heard Ashley scream.

"Thank you!" I said as I let go of Dwayne and hugged her.

"Well, are you ready?" She asked me.

"Ready for what?"

"For the party? Or was that a secret?" She asked mischievously.

"Way to ruin the surprise." Dwayne said he checked his phone.

"Is that what Zoe isn't here?" I asked them.