18

It had been a couple of days since the whole incident occurred

It had been a couple of days since the whole incident occurred. I figured I could go grab some more clothes and other essentials while he wasn't home. I didn't want to be running into him. As I folded my clothes into a suitcase, I heard the front door open. Sighing, I continued to pack.

"Jordyn?" He called out to me.

"In my room." I said loud enough for him to hear. I grabbed a few other items, hoping that he wouldn't come into the room.

"Why are you packing?" He asked me. I still had my back to him.

"I'm gonna be staying with Zoe and Ashley for a while longer." I zipped up my suitcase.

"Can we talk?" He asked me.

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm gonna start looking for a new place to stay." I said to him.

"Don't."

"Dwayne, we don't owe anything to each other. I'm thankful for letting me stay here don't get me wrong, but I'd much rather be somewhere else right now."

"Jordyn. Please can we talk?" He asked me.

"You made it clear the other night that we don't have anything to talk about. I'm gonna get going. I'll let you know when I'll be picking up the rest of my belongings." I said to him. Grabbing my suitcase, I tried to make my way out of the room, but he wouldn't let me.

"Please move." I asked him.

"Not until we've talked."

"Fine, then talk." I huffed as I set my suitcase down and watched him sigh in defeat.

"I'm sorry about the other day. I shouldn't have snapped on you the way that I did. I let my anger get the best of me and I shouldn't have taken it out on you." He said to me. I looked up at him and I could see sadness in his eyes. I just didn't know if it was cause of me, or something else.

"What angered you?"

"Lydia is filling for divorce. It's not that she's doing, but rather how long she's been hiding it from me. She filed for divorce the day she walked out." He said to me.

"Dwayne-" he cut me off before I could say anything else.

"Listen, I like having you around. I'm sorry for the way I snapped but I promise it won't happen again."

"I'm still going over to Ashley's." I said to him.

"Please stay." His hand reached out and took my hand into his.

"Dwayne..."

"Please." He pulled me closer to him.

I don't know how my aunt was able to say no to him and still walk out. I couldn't even bring myself into saying no.