17

Once we got back home, things were great between Jordyn and I

Once we got back home, things were great between Jordyn and I. Obviously, things with Lydia were still unresolved. But I couldn't focus on just that, instead I focused on work.

Being back at work meant performing surgeries, and doing my rounds. I had a couple of the surgeries scheduled which meant I had to check in with patients to make sure they were okay to proceed.

After a 12 hr shift, I was done for the day. I headed to my office to grab my belongings before heading home. As I walked out, someone called out to me.

Stopping in my tracks, I turned around to see who it was. I couldn't place the name, but I still waited as they walked over to me.

"Dr. Burke, so glad I found you. I've been looking for you for a while now," He said to me.

"Sorry, and you are?" I asked confused.

"Here's my file." He said to me as he handed me what looked like a medical file. "You've been served." He said before walking away.

I opened the file and saw that inside was an envelope from a law firm. I opened it and saw it was a petition for divorce. As much as I wanted to yell at the person so served me, I couldn't make a scene in front of the hospital. Instead I made my way to my car before calling Lydia.

"Please leave your message after the tone." The voice mail requested.

"Are you serious Lydia? Call me back!" I hung up before driving home.

How could she do it like it didn't matter? Didn't it matter how long we had been married? Did nothing concern her anymore?

As I got home, I called her again and once again I was sent to voice mail.

"Call me back!" I urged her in the message.

"What's wrong?" Jordyn asked me as she walked towards me.

"Nothing!" I responded.

"Okay. How was work?"

"Jordyn, Shut the fuck up. I don't need to hear you right now." I snapped at her.

"The fuck?! Did you just tell me to shut the fuck up?" She crossed her arms and stared at me with anger in her eyes.

"Yes. Damn, why can't you listen? You and your fucking aunt are too fucking alike."

"You better watch your tone. I don't know why the hell are you mad but it's not my damn fault." She spat at me.

"Then listen." I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed the bottle of scotch and poured myself a glass.

"When you have fixed your attitude, call me. I'm going to Zoe's." She said as she gathered her belongings from the kitchen island.

As I watched her walk away, I grabbed the phone and called Lydia again.

"What?" She answered.

"Is this some sort of joke?"

"It took you long enough to finally get the papers. You said it yourself in Hawaii, so I finally took your advise and filed for divorce. I'll bee seeing you in court." She said to me before hanging up.I was pissed off at her that I threw my phone across the room causing it to shatter upon impact. Pouring myself another glass, I quickly downed it and grabbed another one.

This was gonna be tough and messy. I thought to myself. Just then I heard the front door slam shut.

Fuck.

I was doing some research when Dwayne barged in angry for some reason

I was doing some research when Dwayne barged in angry for some reason. When I tried to talk to him he snapped at me. I wasn't going to put up with it, I so decided to leave. I asked Zoe if I could crash at her place, and she immediately agreed.

As soon as she texted me her address, I had an Uber drop me off. It took me about half an hour to get there, and soon as I arrived Zoe greeted me with open arms.

"What happened?" She asked me as we walked into their house.

"I got upset at how my roommate was acting. It's not the first time she pisses me off but today I just couldn't take it." I said to her.

"Ohh... well you can stay with us for as long as you like. We have plenty of spare bedrooms, so don't worry about anything while you're here." She smiled at me.

"Thank you." I turned around and gave her a quick hug.

"You're welcome, now follow me so I can give you the tour and take you to the guest room." I nodded and followed her.

As we walked she showed me the kitchen, the dinning room, waiting room, entertainment room, spare bathrooms, her room, Ashley's, and eventually the guest room. Their house was much bigger than Dwayne's, so I hoped I wouldn't get lost.

Just as she showed me the room, Ashley showed up. She greeted me, and then asked what we'd like for dinner.

"Italian!" Zoe chirped.

"That sounds good." I smiled at them. They nodded, and pulled up the online menu for some restaurant. I told them I'd want the chicken Alfredo, Ashley jotted it down and then asked Zoe what she'd like.

"Okay the food should be here in like an hour." Ashley said to us. I nodded and she walked out of the room.

"Well, I'll let you get settled and I'll text you when the foods here." I thanked her and watched as she walked out as well.

I closed the door and sat down on the bed. Not gonna lie, I was still upset at how Dwayne treated me today. It bothered me that he'd just yell and didn't try to talk.

The longer I thought about it, the angrier I got and I couldn't stop my tears from falling. I wiped my eyes dry, and controlled myself. He wasn't worth my tears, but I was hurt on how he acted towards me.

***A/N***

Thank you for reading this story! 

Anyway, what do you think of how Dwayne is treating Jordyn?

How will this be affecting their relationship? 

What about Dwayne divorcing Lydia? How do you think this will go?

Don't forget to vote/share/comment!