Day 1 | Kai x Skylor Ninjago | New School

(Alternative Universe art not mine)
Kai's POV
Me and Nya walked to school. It was our first day, of a new life really. The possibilities of the day where endless, but I  tend not to think about things that much. At all.

"Kai? Outta dream world buddy. We're here!" Nya, my sister said, nudging me.

"Sorry, sorry," I apologized. We walked into the gates. The campus, well the front outdoor area, was very pretty. The grass was perfectly lawned, and there where flowers on each side. The flowers where the school colors, and on each side were exactly symmetrical. To be honest, the whole place was symmetrical. The only thing out of place was a girl standing on her own water the plants.

"Nya, do you think that girl over there can help us out?" I said. Nya shrugged and walked over to her.

"Excuse me?" Nya asked the girl. She turned around, and I got a good look of her face. Beautiful fire-truck-red hair, in a neat ponytail, black-chocolate-colored-eyes, and smooth skin. She wore and orange tank-top, and jean-shorts. She was wearing sneakers, and was about my height.

"Hi! How can I help?" She asked. She smiled, and I had this jittery feeling in my stomach.

"Uhhh. Oh, we're new. This is Sensei Wu's academy for the gifted, correct?" I asked, stuttering slightly.

"Mmm hmm! I'm the president of the student council!" She said, "I'm Skylor!"

"Nice to meet you Skylor! I'm Nya, and this is Kai!" My sister said, introducing us Both. She smiled at me, and I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks.