Premise

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PLOTLINE I HAD DESIGNED FOR THE BOOK. SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Key:
Uncertain, needs changing or clarifying
Readers don't find out until later, but chronologically happens first
Pretty much a solid plot point, but prone to change if necessary

I must have something for street rats (Aladdin? Where you at babe?)

This book will be in two parts:
Part One-Once Upon A Crime
Part Two-And They All Lived Happily Never After

Part One:
So what if a certain manic ginger encountered a little mute girl on the streets of Gotham after the breakout?

He builds a dollhouse for his new toy, a castle for his princess. Daddy would do anything for his precious babygirl.

So the thing is she has no idea who or what he is. News never got to her on the street and Daddy Jerome keeps her very sheltered. He keeps her away from Galavan's apartment, a little cottage in the woods or something. Like Rapunzel. (In fact, maybe he takes to calling her Rapunzel after her long blond hair, or Flower, like Mother Gothel does, because her name is Daisy).

He spends all his spare time indulging his girl, wishing he could hear her laugh at his jokes or say his name and call him daddy.

People start to notice that he goes there, particularly neighbors, as well as Tabs and Babs.

This starts with the breakout, so at some point before the attack on the GCPD, Jimbo finds the cottage. How? Tipoff from locals, or maybe Galavan has Barbara give it up to Jim so Jerome has no distractions, or perhaps so he has a reason to attack the GCPD later. So Jerome leaves her, promising to be back in three days time.

Jim discovers the silent princess in her metaphorical tower during that time and is immediately suspicious of her (it's Jimbo, we all know his hardass would be suspicious of the maiden). He tries to interrogate her, to her extreme fright. At her refusal to speak she would have been arrested if not for Lee's interference. Lee insists on surgery for her and takes her out to see the world (of Gotham) and do things she has never done before (like Flynn Rider)

Meanwhile, Jerome returns to the cottage to find her gone. And he. Is. Pissed. He starts going on a murdering rampage in his efforts to find her, the likes of which the poor girl had never seen. She had no idea that her daddy was a murderer. When he "rescues" her at the GCPD she is shocked. (Has she secretly had the surgery already courtesy of Jim and his connections aka Bruce? So then the first time he hears her voice is her screaming in terror at him?) She'd been hiding with Lee in her office when Jerome came and found them. But he steals her back regardless, despite her obvious hysteria. He also kidnaps Lee, knowing of her connection to Jim and low key wanting some vengeance.

Why would they let a potential accomplice have this surgery? Simple. They want answers to their questions. And seeing as our princess was a pauper, she doesn't really know how to read or write anything other than her name. And she's mute, so she can't really explain herself or defend her case or anything.

But Daddy takes her back to the cottage (along with Lee maybe?), which he knows is compromised but he has to gather their things. He ends up having to chain up his flower because she keeps trying to run away. Then we have the iconic scene where she refuses to go anywhere with him and promises to struggle the whole way unless he releases Lee, in which case she will be docile and things will go back to the way they used to be.

Jerome reluctantly agrees, leaving Lee tied up at the cottage where he knows Jim will find her. He takes Daisy somewhere new, and somewhere far away from Gotham, where he can be sure that no one will find her, not the GCPD, and not Galavan either. A tower carved into a mountain, with only a small window for entry besides the secret passageway in.