0.3

There's a very displeased billionaire waiting for Jerome when he leaves his bedroom, feeling proud of himself for captivating the little pixie. Daisy and I will have so many laughs together.

"I sent Tabitha out after you."

The drawl echoes about the spacious living room, rebounding back and repeating itself in Jerome's ears. Having to hear a lecture from Theo nearly ruins his good mood.

"But then, I figured that you were a smart boy. A visionary, like myself," Theo continues, stepping into the light from the moon in the windows. "And besides, you're hardly stupid enough to try and flee the scene. That's the only reason she didn't shoot you and your little lover the instant she found you after cleaning up your mess in that alley."

Jerome flinches at that, barely visible, but it's there. But not out of fear, oh no, hardly. More like out of aggravation at the suggestion that Theo was about to kill what's his.

"And you brought her back here, too. Hope this is the night of her life, because I don't want her to live to see morning, Jerome," Theo growls.

Jerome forces himself to push the anger back down. Now is hardly the time to brutally murder his rescuer. Not only does he technically owe the guy, but his sister Tabitha is also a master assassin that could kill him as soon as look at him. Plus, Theo is promising to make them famous, give them the power to take over Gotham. I can always off him after we've taken the city.

"She's a mute," Jerome scoffs instead. "Who's she gonna tell?"

Theo looks taken aback by this revelation. "Kind of hard to argue a price with a mute, isn't it?"

"She's not some fucking street whore, Galavan," J snarls darkly.

"My apologies to the young lady if she isn't. However, isn't she awaiting your return in your room right now?" Theo asks genially.

"No. I told her I'd sleep on the couch tonight," Jerome decides to admit.

"If she's not here as your... entertainment... then why is she here at all, Jerome?" Theo wonders, eyes sparkling with a dark curiosity. "Stirring up an old flame?"

Jerome knows the look in his eyes all too well. Galavan is pondering just what his girl means to him, and if that's something he can use in the future. He's sizing up just how well he can utilize her to manipulate Jerome in the future.

"Never met the girl before in my life," J responds, deflecting the interest. "Some hooker was harassing her and I offered her a place to stay. One of those kids that lives on the streets, but I bet she's at least 16 or 17."

Theo tilts his head, analyzing the answer a little more than Jerome would like. Just because he hauled some girl back here and isn't sleeping with her yet doesn't mean it was love at first sight or some shit. And you have to actually try a pussy before you're whipped for it.

To be quite honest, Jerome himself isn't entirely sure why he did what he did. It was like there was something pulling him to her. And after they spoke, it seemed like his instincts were telling him, screaming at him, that he had to have this girl. And, well, his instincts didn't steer him wrong when he murdered his deadbeat whore of a mother, so why would they then?

"I see," Theo finally says. "All the same, Jerome, I want her dead before breakfast. Even the silent can speak with their hands."

"You don't get it, Galavan. She's a street kid," Jerome sighs, and begins listing points off on his fingers. "Never had a formal education, so she can't read or write. Doesn't have a TV to watch the news and know who we are. Doesn't know ASL enough to properly communicate with anyone. All she knows is what I tell her. She's like a perfect little doll!"

Theo shoots Jerome a look that says he doesn't give a single shit.

"Look, Theo, if I kill her, I'll have nothing to keep me entertained, and instead I'm going to have to keep going out and playing with people that can talk. I'm just keeping her around as a little toy for when I'm bored," Jerome pleads.

A groan leaves Theo at the situation Jerome is presenting him with. Theo knows that he won't hesitate to follow through with his scenario if he doesn't get his way, and admittedly, if the girl is all that he says, she sounds pretty harmless. No one to miss her, no one to tell, and no way to tell even if she wanted to.

"Fine, we'll see how things play out and how good your behavior is. But be warned, if she's a distraction to you or the rest of the group, I'll have to have Tabby see her out. And I would be wary of who and where I leave her, considering two of your teammates are rapists," Theo warns, exhaling in an annoyed sigh. "There are blankets and pillows in the hall closet. Make sure you put them up after you wake up. And I wouldn't bring the girl to breakfast. Or any meal, for that matter."

"Sure thing, thanks Theo," Jerome forces himself to say to the billionaire's back, wincing at the words.

"Of course," Theo replies courteously, turning and giving the redhead a charming smile before exiting the room and returning to his own bedroom.

"Blech! Vomit in my mouth," Jerome mutters the instant Theo is gone, fake gagging. "With that front, the man's probably as crazy as I am, if not crazier."

Remembering Daisy and deciding that she shouldn't be left to potentially wander and run into someone she shouldn't, Jerome heads back to the room to speak with her.

However, when he opens the door, he finds that the girl is already fast asleep in his bed, curled up into a ball around one of his pillows with the blanket at her feet. The blonde seems to be inhaling his scent from the pillow, making Jerome smirk slyly, a warm bubble forming in his gut.

Unable to help himself as he sees her skinny frame shivering in the thin clothes she's wearing, Jerome reaches for the covers at the foot of the bed and pulls them back up to her shoulders. Something about Daisy just screams 'Please take care of me!', and it calls out to something deep within Jerome that wants to protect his own and care for it. She just seems so childlike and frail, fragile like a beautiful glass sculpture that he's almost too scared to hold. But that something inside him wants to hold her close and let the glass melt and remold itself under his direction and care.

Suddenly he wishes that the girl were awake and able to speak, so he could hear the name Daddy tumble from her lips like a reverent midnight prayer—a beautiful sin.
—————————————————————
A/N
Hey there, again, everyone! Sorry for missing an update, but you can look at my profile for the reason (excuse lol). I have a college visit tomorrow so I've got to head to bed, but hopefully at some point tomorrow this weekend I'll be able to churn out the second part of this double update and the next bonus chapter for WYBMD. Keeping it short, so love you and thank you for the support. If you enjoyed, please vote and comment to let me know, and tell me what you'd like to see from this future couple! Love you guys!
Gingy