3.9

When Jerome so suddenly jolts around the corner with such a frightening expression, something deep within Daisy just reacts.

Pure instinct causes an ear-shattering shriek of utter terror to force itself through her newly fixed vocal cords and out of Daisy's previously silent mouth right into her daddy's disbelieving face.

This, combined with her expression of overwhelming fear and her heart wrenching sobs that follow, causes a part of Jerome to break.

He would revel in such a reaction from one of his victims, but never his flower, his princess, his babygirl.

The ginger reaches out a hesitant hand, facial features now carefully schooled to be gentle and reassuring as he coos to the girl.

"Babygirl, I'm so sorry. Daddy didn't mean to scare you..."

Daisy fights to cringe further away from him into the wall of the desk, crying harder. In his confusion about what to do next, she remembers Lee and darts around Jerome to her while he's distracted.

The young girl crouches over the unconscious doctor, hands fretting over her head wound and checking her pulse.

Despite knowing that Lee is with Jim, Jerome feels a surge of jealousy come over him at Daisy's response. His mind, unable to comprehend her sudden change of character, attributes it to the doctor and her influence over the girl—his girl.

"Princess, come on now, we're going," he grits out between clenched teeth.

For a moment, neither one does or says anything, Daisy freezing in her tending to Dr. Thompson.

Jerome's patience wears thin. "Daisy, I said come here."

Daisy recognizes absently that this is the first time he's actually called her by her name. Maybe I should return the favor.

"No Jerome," she says clearly, if a bit raspy. "I'm not going anywhere with you."

Fuck, Jerome thinks as he realizes everything is about to hit the fan.

"You lied to me. Kept secrets from me. You kill people. You killed Pepper," Daisy spits. "And then you dared to rip my necklace from her corpse, spin some lies about Sal giving it to you, and then comfort me for the death of my friend that you killed!"

"It's bad, I know it is, princess. But I didn't kill Pepper on purpose. Well, I did, but not because of you. I had no idea who she was, who you were, and I especially didn't know who she was to you when I did it," Jerome tries to soothe the angry girl.

"That doesn't change the fact that you killed her, and many others, and lied to me about it. You manipulated me! You used me! You used up everything I gave to you like I really was just some cheap whore," she shouts. "You treated me like something you owned, like a pet, trying to teach me to behave and think the way you wanted me to. You made me forget about who I was, and worse, you made me want to do it. For you! And all that was just a game to you, a way to pass time between murdering people. You played with my mind like it was a toy for you to break."

Tears well in her eyes as she stares down the man part of her still wants to adore. As he goes to reply again, she suddenly begins to cough, hacking heavily at having so strained her new, weak voice.

Jerome is instantly at her side, patting her back as she works through the coughs, for a moment both forgetting their struggle.

Once it clears up, she straightens, finally noticing Jerome and his intense stare accompanying the hand still on her back.

"Are you alright babygirl?" Jerome asks sincerely, searching for more signs of physical distress.

Daisy's eyes narrow and she shakes off his hand, preparing to go on another tirade—weak voice be damned.

A loud banging from the main area interrupts them as Aaron bursts in, shouting that it's time to leave.

Jerome sighs in exasperation. "Sorry, princess, you'll have to hold that thought. We can talk about it when you wake up."

"Wake up?" Daisy demands, only to be blasted in the face with knockout gas.

Easily catching the unconscious girl, he sweeps her up bridal style and calls for Aaron to come get Lee.

Barbara is leaning against the building when Jerome comes out with Daisy. She rolls her eyes at seeing their situation.

"So this is your little stolen toy? It seems like she developed some self-awareness," she raises a brow, unimpressed.

The repetition of Daisy being called a toy clicks wrong with the ginger. "Stay out of it Babs. Let's not act like you didn't drug and tie up old Jimbo to try and have your dream wedding."

"Ouch. Trouble in paradise then?" Barbara asks in fake sympathy as they walk quickly to their vehicles.

"Would you shut up for two seconds and tie up Jimbo's lady for me?" Jerome huffs.

"Lee? Why do you want her?" Disgust coats her every word.

"Relax, Barbie, there's no wacky threesome happening here. Consider it revenge for Jim taking my girl. I'm not sure what I'll do with her yet," he shrugs.

Reluctant to do Jerome's bidding, Barbara hesitates a moment before deciding that at the very least it's a petty act against Lee she can take. The pair of murderers are very quick to tightly tie the bonds and gag their victims before parting ways. Babs and Aaron head back to Galavan's while Jerome returns to the scenic cottage with the two unconscious women.

He's well aware that the location is compromised, but he should have enough time to gather the remaining materials and take Daisy (and Lee?) to the hideout he's been preparing for a while now.

Once he arrives, he brings Daisy in and sets her on the couch, tying her hands to the leg of it. He also carries Lee in and ties her to a kitchen chair before rushing around to get as much packing done as possible before either one wakes up to complicate things.

He's luckily almost done when he hears one of them groaning in an indication of returning awareness.

—————————————————————
A/N
Luckily I wrote ahead for once so you wouldn't have to wait ages for this. I've got next chapter written out too! I'm not sure how long these good habits will keep, so enjoy them while they last.
Gingy