1.6

The cottage is much larger than Daisy expected.

The exterior is still fraught with vines and ivy, white paint peeling from the surface in places. It really is quite the quaint little establishment, hidden a ways in the woods down a sketchy dirt road that she was sure the big SUV wouldn't fit on. The trees surrounding the house are tall, and ancient if their widths are anything to go by. There are various species, including maple, ash, pine, and beech trees. The ground is littered with nuts and berries that have fallen from their branches in the late summer season.

Though, comparatively, the one-story dwelling doesn't really seem that tiny next to the gargantuan trees. Daisy is sure that the ceiling must be reasonably high within the house. Jerome slowly puts the car in park with a click, and unsnaps his seatbelt.

"Let's go check it out, princess," he smiles with an encouraging nod.

Daisy smiles too, thankfully calmed some from the ride there. She unbuckles her seatbelt and opens the car door before Jerome can come around and do it for her. Though he does insist on helping her jump out since it's so high up. They then continue down the path, hand in hand as they approach the house.

The path is lined with weeds and crabgrass, but there are also some flowers down the path and outside the house. There's a tall rosebush standing at the corner of the cottage, along with tulips and tiger lilies by the door. On either side of the path and dotted around the lawn, there are bunches of white daisies. One group in particular calls Daisy's attention.

Just by the door, there are several orange tiger lilies in a small arc. In the center of the horseshoe of lilies is a bunch of daisies, shorter and burrowed into the shelter of the lilies. The strange arrangement makes Daisy smile fondly.

Jerome opens the unlocked door, slowly revealing the house to their curious eyes. Immediately visible is the beaten wood floor, severely scuffed and dusty. The next thing to spot is the couch, which looks old and musty, with a white floral pattern.

Daisy is guided into the house by the gentle tug of Jerome's hand. The couple examines the cottage with wide eyes, taking in everything from the yellowed wallpaper to the dust lining the wooden mantle of the fireplace. The thought of being warmed by the heat of that fireplace sets her heart ablaze. What if Daddy laid me down on a rug in front of that fireplace and—

"Hello? Daisy?" Jerome interrupts. "I asked what you think?"

She gives him a shaky thumbs up with a lopsided smile, trying to shake off her lust. God, I just calmed down and it took all of two seconds for him to work me back up again. Without him actually doing it saying anything. I am pathetic, with no restraint or self control.

Jerome smirks like he knows what she's thinking, or at least some semblance of it. "Why don't we check out the bedroom, babygirl?" I hope that's where we'll be spending most of our time.

Daisy blushes furiously, but makes no protests as he leads her into the back of the house, towards the bedroom. They half-run there, tension building between them until Jerome swings open the door and—

He can't help but laugh at the outrageously poor state of the bed, and Daisy would too if she could. The room's bed is nothing more than a mattress resting on the floor, riddled with holes and covered in dust.

"Guess its a good thing I packed our own blanket, huh?" Jerome laughs. Daisy nods her agreement, slightly disappointed that they aren't falling on the mattress kissing at the moment. Patience isn't exactly a virtue she seems to possess, at least regarding Jerome.

"You keep looking around, honey, I'm gonna see if this place has a mop or a broom," he advises, squeezing her hand as he leaves the room.

Daisy looks around the room, trying to imagine herself living here for the indefinite future. Somehow, the idea of returning to her place with Pepper doesn't even seem like an option. The room she considered home for years now sounds foreign when she thinks of returning there. Even Pepper, usually so prominent in her head, has been replaced. All of this should be disconcerting, but it's not, and Daisy finds that even more alarming.

She should care that her entire life has been turned on its head. She should be scared that one man has completely realigned her priorities. She should wonder how this man got her to be a lust-crazed floozy just by calling himself Daddy. But she doesn't. And that's more frightening.
—————————————————————
A/N
Just a little splurge to keep you going until next time ;) Vote if you enjoyed and comment if you think Daisy's crazy in love!
Gingy