Part 81: Kagome

I woke up. It was the middle of the night. The T.V. was playing static, and everyone was asleep around me. We must have fallen asleep while watching my movie. I got up slowly as not to wake them, and I went to my room. I flopped into my bed and shut my eyes. There was a scratching sound coming from my desk. Cautiously, I stood and slowly made my way over. Muffled noises came from one of the drawers. I opened it, revealing the magic notebook. A small demon creature was trapped between the covers, a dog and an angel trying to pull it out without much success. I wasn't surprised by their presence in the slightest. They all froze when I saw them. They scattered in a moment of panic.

"Wait, I'm not gonna hurtcha!" But the dog and angel were already out of sight. I sighed, looking down at the demon. "You're the demon I drew, aren't you? I should have expected this." I lifted the cover off of the demon allowing him to wriggle out. He looked up at me with cartoony eyes before doing a small bow and running off. I sat back on my bed, picking up one of my normal books on the way. I flipped it open and continued to read where I left off. I was really getting into this story. It was all about a kid who had demons for parents, and they went on tons of adventures. I hadn't gotten much of a chance to read it recently, however. I slammed the book shut with a huff when I heard another scratching sound. I was starting to get annoyed. I was about to get up from my bed when I heard soft singing.

"Kagome... kagome..."

"Who's there?" I snapped, reaching for the flashlight that I put on my nightstand. A glowing green eye appeared in the dim light ahead of me.

"Hello! Won't you play with me?" A figure emerged out of the shadows. It was a female, hair dyed green like Anti's with a beanie covering most of it. She was wearing a blue hoodie over a black tank top. High combat boots covered her legs over black skinny jeans. A green choker was strapped onto her throat, which looked like it may have been cut. Some bracelets with dark colors jangled on her wrists.

"Who are you?" I asked, scared.

"My name is April. We're not something to fear..." She smiled pleasantly, and I got a good view of sharp fangs.

"'We're'?" As I questioned this, a few more figures emerged from the shadows. One had indigo hair and red eyes. Red wolf ears were folded against her head, and a peaceful smile was upon her lips. She fidgeted with a golden necklace in her hands. The second was dressed in dark colors. Long brown hair flowed around her shoulders. She had a general look about her that reminded me of Jack except she had a blank expression on her face. The next one wore a white shirt that looked torn up. He had robotic arms that hummed and glowed with energy. Silver eyes regarded me as a smile much like the blue-haired girl's played upon his lips. There was something that made me uneasy as they all seemed to stare right through me.

"Skye, Jackie, and Ghost." April introduced them quickly while pointing. "Want to play with us?" She asked.

"Uhm..."

"Pleeeeaseeee?" They all implored at once.

"Sure. What game?"

"Kagome, Kagome!" April declared.

"How do you play?"

"One player is chosen as 'it' and sits with their eyes covered! The other players join hands and walk in circles around the 'it' while chanting the song for the game. When the song stops, the 'it' tries to name the person standing directly behind them!" Skye said in a chipper voice. We all were being slightly muted, as not to wake Edd and the others below.

"I'll be it!" April said, raising her hand.

"No, Y/n should go first! They've never played before!" Jackie argued. I didn't question how she knew my name. I sat on the ground. Skye, April, Ghost, and Jackie linked hands and walked around me as I shut my eyes.

"Kagome, kagome! Kago no naka no tori wa. Itsu, itsu de yaru? Yoake no ban ni. Tsuru to kame to subetta. Ushiro no shoumen daare?" (I'm going with the theory that the song was only made up for the game. Not the other theories on Wikipedia.) They all chanted in sync.

"Skye...?" I guessed.

"Correct!" April cheered.

"You're good at this!" Ghost complemented. I beamed and thanked them. Skye glanced outside after a long while of playing.

"Guys, we need to go..." She whispered.

"Aww..." April sounded disappointed.

"See you next time, Y/n." Jackie said, waving. They all disappeared into the shadows. I waved slightly after they had left, wondering what the heck just happened.

Ndjrph ndjrph
Zkr'v vwdqglqj ehklqg brx?