CHAPTER 12

"Come on, K. I was nice to you. Why won't feed me?" Ivan asked Kaden as she handed Bishop a bowl of soup. "You were a rude person to me. And I was really young." She huffed. "You're what. Twenty now? That would've made you eight." He said to her. "I'm seventeen!" She growled. Bishop took a bite of the soup and jumped back slightly. "Well that's warm." He said quietly and spooned another bite but blew on it before putting the spoon in his mouth.

Ivan huffed. "Well I'm sorry I was such a rude person to a five year old. I was only twelve." Ivan apologized. "Well I accept your apology but you're not getting any food." Kaden said and sat on the other side of Bishop on the couch. "You're only seventeen?" Bishop asked her. "And already have a mate?"

Kaden nodded. "Yea. You'll see Michael a lot. He likes hanging out around here." She told him. "I have a cousin named Michael. I see it's a common name." Bishop said and took another bite of the soup. "We don't live in the same pack, though. But I do see him quite often."

Just then, Michael came in. "Hello everyone." He said then saw Ivan. "Oh. Hello. Ivan, ya?" Michael asked. Ivan nodded. "Ya. Heard you left twelve years ago." Michael said and saw Bishop. "Bishop?" Michael asked. Bishop looked up. "Oh hey, cousin!" Bishop said, handed the bowl to Ivan, and got up. "I forgot this was the pack you and aunt Linda live in!" He said and gave Michael a hug.

They pulled away from the hug. "Yeah." Michael said. Bishop turned to sit back down and saw Ivan take a bite of his soup. "Ivan Christian Eldred. That's my soup." Bishop said and grabbed the bowl from him. "I'm hungry." Ivan pouted. Bishop huffed and spooned a bite. "Blow." He said and tried to feed Ivan. Ivan blew on the spoon and opened his mouth and ate the bite.

Cordelia was already asleep on Pierce's lap while he sat on the love seat. She had her shoulder bandaged due to it taking longer than usual to heal and Pierce didn't want it to be infected so he called a doctor to bandage it while it healed.

Ivan looked at Pierce and Cordelia. "So. She's luna now, huh?" Ivan asked. Pierce nodded. "That's a lot for someone her age. Only nineteen." He sighed. "Well I was only eleven when I became alpha. If you didn't leave then you would've become alpha. You would've been fifteen." Pierce growled. Ivan sighed. "You know I didn't leave because I wanted to." Ivan said quietly. "Why did you leave?" Pierce asked. "When dad found out I was gay, he wanted to kick me out so bad. But I told him you needed an older brother. So he let me stay. But eventually he realized, if and when he died, the pack would have a gay alpha, he didn't want that. So he told me to either die or leave. So I decided I should leave."

Pierce rolled his eyes. He didn't believe their father kicked him out just because he was gay. From what Pierce remembers, he remembered that Ivan left because he wanted to. Not because he was gay.

Cordelia groaned and woke up but didn't open her eyes. "What time is it?" She groggily asked. "Almost 11:30pm." Pierce said. Cordelia groaned again. "It's late." She mumbled. Pierce rubbed her back. "Do you want to go to bed?" Pierce asked. Cordelia shook her head no. "You won't be in there because your stupid, mean brother is here." She said and hid her face in his neck. "I'm right here, you know, little girl." Ivan growled. Cordelia turned her head and opened her eyes to look at Ivan. "Well good. You now know how I feel about you. And I'm not a little girl." She huffed.

Bishop yawned. "The young girl is right. It is late. Maybe we should go home, Ivan." Bishop said and started to get up. "Obviously, we aren't welcome here and Pierce doesn't want to talk to you." Bishop said. "I would like to stay." Ivan said and crossed his arms. "No, no. Let's go home, dear." Bishop said, waving dismissively while going into the kitchen to wash his dishes.

"Your mate can stay as long as he wants. You on the other hand, Ivan, I don't necessarily like being here. Even if you're family." Pierce said. "I don't want to hear the lies you're telling. Dad would never try and kill you or want to kick you out. He loved you. More than me." Pierce said and stood up with Cordelia in his arms. "He loved you more. At least you're straight." Ivan sighed and stood up too. "I see where I'm not wanted. But don't think I'll stop trying to reach out to you again. I really miss you. I'm sorry I was such a bad older brother and I left."

Bishop came out of the kitchen. "Ready to go, my love?" He asked Ivan and grabbed his hand. Ivan nodded and both him and Bishop left.

Cordelia mumbled a goodbye into Pierce's chest as he carried her to the bedroom. "What happened between you two for you to hate him?" Cordelia mumbled. "He pushed me around a lot. Told me that emotion was stupid. I believed him eventually but one day, he up and left. Left a note saying he was sorry for leaving but had to." Pierce sighed.

Cordelia cuddled him. "Emotion is what makes us who we are. It's not stupid." She sighed. "I know." He kissed the top of her head. "You're tired. Go to sleep, Dels." He told her. She nodded. "Aye, aye, cap'n." She yawned and fell asleep.