Chapter One

Regina Swan-Mills

I'm in the kitchen frantically running around like a crazy person trying to set everything up for our four year old's birthday party. That's when I hear the thunderous heavy footsteps stomping down our stairs, per usual Henry fashion.

About two years ago we moved into a much larger home with four bedrooms to accommodate our ever growing family. Living in that townhouse with Emma, myself, Henry, our daughter Ellie who is now six, our son Kyler who is turning four and then of course Cocoa, just wasn't working out anymore.

I thought we were going to stop having children after Ellie but Emma really wanted one more, which threw me by surprise but I was ecstatic about her decision. After Ellie was born and Emma luckily didn't experience any problems with postpartum again, she felt a lot more secure about having just one more baby.

Both of our babies are identical to Emma which I find absolutely adorable. They both inherited her pale skin and blonde hair. Ellie even has Emma's green eyes as well where as Kyler has more of a hazel color.

"Henry stop arguing with me," Emma calls out over her shoulder, trampling down the stairs with our son hot on her heels from yet another argument.

"Can you at least answer my question?" He whines, annoyed with his blonde mother.

I roll my eyes knowing this isn't going to end well. Henry is about to turn sixteen and he has been very...frustrating lately to say the very least. We completely understand that he's a teenager and very hormonal but we are both drawing closer to our wits end.

Emma whips around on her heels causing Henry to stop abruptly before slamming into her.

"It's your brother's fourth birthday. End of discussion," Emma scolds in her most stern tone, one she hardly ever uses.

"It's not like he's going to remember this birthday and he's going to have plenty more," he argues, not wanting to back down just yet.

"Henry Daniel Swan Mills!" I bellow, "don't argue with your mother!"

"But..."

"Or your mother!" Emma interjects while smirking in my direction.

"This is bullshit!" Henry huffs, folding his arms defiantly over his chest.

"Henry!" Emma and I both yell in unison causing our son to jump slightly in place.

"Get upstairs right now before I ground your ass!" Emma orders pointing the stairs. Henry grits his teeth and seethes while stomping away, making sure to slam his foot down on every step.

"Stomp on one more step and you'll be grounded for a week!" I yell out to my disgruntle teenager, inspiring his feet to tread lightly.

"What the hell? He's so moody. Were we this moody as teenagers?" Emma quizzes as she steals a carrot and eagerly pops the vegetable into her mouth.

"Don't eat the food," I scold, "its for our guests."

Emma spit the carrot into her hand and holds her open palm in front of me. "Here you go your majesty," she teases.

"You're an idiot."

"Yup, an idiot for you!"

"Are the kids ready?" I question as I continue placing the appetizers along the table.