Chapter Twenty-Four

Before I even enter the room, I can hear screeching and giggling coming from Emma. That sound alone makes my face break out into a giddy smile. Then Kyler's baby giggles are echoing through the house. Even though he's four he still has that baby sound to his giggle.

I enter the living room to find Kyler suspended in the air above the couch. His arms are spread wide while his hands are clenched tightly in Emma's. His little legs are bouncing up and down while his stomach is resting on Emma's legs.

"Emma, should you really be doing that right now? Are your legs strong enough for his weight?" Worry and fear hits hard when I notice his entire body is being supported by her legs.

"He's fine Gina," she laughs out loud as she kicks her legs once more causing his body to flop in the air. Kyler laughs hard as he stares at his mother with amusement.

"I didn't ask if he's fine, I'm worried about you," I exasperate as I sit down on the end of the couch. Emma drops Kyler to her chest and hugs him tight.

"Yeah, I'm good," she winks over his shoulder and kisses his head. God I love her! "Ewww!" A high pitch squeal rings through the living room. "Stop!" She screeches as she is trying to pull away from our son. I'm not sure what he's doing but he's laughing uncontrollably. Emma's head is buried in pillows as she keeps trying to pull away. "Gina! Get your son! He keeps trying to lick me!"

Mother and son are in hysterics and I just sit back and enjoy this moment. "Eww! Kyler, no! Stop licking me!" Emma finally fights back as she digs her fingers into his ribs, ruthlessly tickling him. Kyler squirms and tries to break free.

"Momma, help me!"

"No! You scared me the other day when you popped out of the cabinet!" This makes Emma laugh even harder, causing her torture to end. She places Kyler down on the floor and sits up, our son running out of the room laughing.

I jump on top of my gorgeous blonde wife, kissing her hard as we both fall back into the couch. "Mmm," she moans into the kiss with a giant smile.

"You're so sexy when you play with our kids," I whisper against her lips. She laughs wholeheartedly, but that doesn't stop my lips from kissing her.

"You're sexy when you're on top!" Now it is my turn to laugh into our kiss. "Kids go to bed!" Emma calls out from under me.

"Mom, its two in the afternoon," Ellie yells, her and Kyler running into the living room laughing.

Both children jump on top of us and Emma does her best to brace us from their collision.

"Help us get her momma," Kyler screams while they both attack Emma.

"I'll hold her down, you two tickle her," I delegate as I grab Emma's wrists.

"Not fair, guys!" Emma whines just as our doorbell rings, breaking up the tickle fight. "Oh thank god for all our reliable friends," she laughs as the kids jump off the couch.

~~~~~~

All our family and friends are coming over to celebrate Henry's birthday once more. He didn't have a chance to enjoy his party last time and Emma has been feeling incredibly guilty for it. He didn't even have a chance to blow out his candles. So we decided we would throw him a surprise party.

Everyone is hiding out behind couches and walls waiting for Henry's arrival. The second the front door begins to creek open, everyone jumps out.

"SURPRISE!"

Henry stumbles back and clenches his chest.
"Shit."

"That will be the only time you are allowed to swear," I scold in a teasing manner, but he just smiles and quickly rushes over to engulf me in a warm hug.

"What's this? I already had a party."

"You didn't get to enjoy it...because of me. You didn't even blow out your candles..."

"It's alright ma." Henry releases me so he can hug his other mother. "Thank you," I hear him whisper and watch as my wife tears up. She sniffles and cups his face to gaze into his eyes.

"You're welcome. I love you."

"Love you too," he smiles before he lets go of her as well to greet everyone else.

~~~~~~~

Emma

I'm about to place the candles on Henry's cake when Neal walks up, bumping our shoulders together.

"So glad you're here this time, your wife beat the crap out of me last time," he chuckles to himself while I shake my head, a small smile tugging at my lips.

"It's a good thing I was in that car accident, it saved my life. She would've killed me that day if I came home late," we both laugh at this just as Regina enters the kitchen.

"I heard that, not amused Miss Swan," she sasses, sauntering to my side to kiss my lips.

"Did I ever mention how hot my two wifey's are?" Neal asks with a completely straight face. Regina sashays her way next to him, putting a little extra swing in her step.

She lightly taps his chest with a cocky grin gracing her lip. "Keep dreaming Neal. She's all mine and I'm not willing to share." She purrs into his ear, sending a jolt down to my core.

"Jeez, that's hot Gina," I smile proudly, knowing she's so protective over me.

"You're such a tease Mills! Just once?" He pouts with his hands folded, begging through whimper.

"Hell no!" I snap, but in a fun, joking tone, "she's addicting. She's a freaking Pringle."

"What?" The both squeal in unison.

"Once you pop, you can't stop," Neal questions, chuckling a little too hard. "You mean Lays, bet you can't eat just one?" We both laugh together, bumping our shoulders together playfully.

"Why am I being compared to potato chips?" Regina screeches in annoyance.

"Either way, she's addicting. Once you have her you'll want more!" I confess as I finish putting candles on the cake.

"I don't know if I'm hungry or horny?" Neal scratches the side of his head in confusion.

I lean into Neal and whisper, "ugh, story of my life!"

"Go take a cold shower," Regina smacks his arm.

I quickly pick up the cake and walk out of the kitchen with them following closely behind. Ruby turns the lights off as soon as she sees us coming.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Henry. Happy birthday to you!"

Henry leans in and blows out all sixteen of his candles.

"So bud, what did you wish for?" Neal questions as he squeezes Henry's shoulders tight.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" Ruby asks in confusion.

"I already had my birthday wish come true. So I don't need anything else."

"What did you wish for?" Regina inquires with a puzzled look on her face.

"For ma to survive. She's alive and that's all I could ever ask for."

The End