fourteen. have some faith

yo so a friend suggested i put this up for sale on amazon? like, as a real book (digital copy, of course)? thoughts? should i do it? do you think it's good enough to be a book i could sell? lemme know? idk if it's good enough? or if anyone would wanna buy it? lemme know pls? i don't really think it's the kind of book that could be sold but idk. thank

also this chapter sucks absolute dick. it's basically a really shitty filler i thought i could work into something i wanted, but clearly i was wrong. have fun with it lmao

i also haven't proofread it. 

- - - - 

"This is so fucked," Carlos whispered, leaning forward so he could talk to Zaila and I without getting Laura's attention. She hadn't left our group alone, keeping us together for meals and at night, but making us split up during activities.

Zaila nodded, holding her head in her hand while she looked at the food on her plate. She didn't look very pleased with it. No one did, actually. It didn't look or taste any worse than it had on any other given day, but there was something making it seem so unappetizing all of a sudden.

"It'll be fine," she muttered, but she didn't sound sure. "We gotta believe that it'll be alright."

I nodded, along with Carlos, Chrissie and Roami. Cody had gone off to find Jango, who was subbing in for Charlie in his group. Laura didn't want to let her go, but Cody eventually stopped arguing and just left the table. Laura didn't seem pleased with her actions, but the only people she had to talk to were a bunch of angry teenagers who were anything but pleased with her, so she didn't say anything more about it.

"Do you think it'll work out?" Roami asked.

No one answered. There was silence for a minute before Carlos looked around the room. "Where the actual fuck did Emerson go? Did they get picked up?" He sounded less and less concerned as the time went by. Today was day four of the stupid drug problem, and day five of Emerson missing, if I was correct. Time didn't feel real and it was hard to keep proper track.

"No, they probably just ran off. I would have too, taken my shit and ran," Roami said bitterly.

I nodded. It wasn't in agreeance with her, but it made sense if that's what they had actually done. I wouldn't have been very surprised. But we were in the middle of nowhere in mountains no one's ever been to before. Would they have been fortunate enough to hitch a ride with someone into the city? Or would they just walk? I didn't know what to think about the situation with Emerson, but I hoped that whatever they'd done was safe and ended well.

"Alright, that's enough chatter," Laura butted in, leaning over to look at us. Carlos rolled his eyes and groaned, dropping his head on the table dramatically. I hid a smile, watching how Laura narrowed her eyes for a second before straightening up and finishing her food.

I looked up, trying to find Theo. He'd been doing pretty good at keeping optimistic about the whole situation. He'd talked to Adam and Chloe after we returned for dinner the night before, but I hadn't had a chance to talk to him at all. Laura had us on strict lockdown, making us go everywhere as a group and making sure we were all together. I was stupid and childish.

Nothing else had come up about our things, either. We had a couple articles of clothing from them, but even our bedding had been confiscated. We weren't allowed anywhere near the cabin, especially inside, and had been given replacement things like toothbrushes and pillows and the like. Chrissie even had to make a special request for a hairband since she snapped hers.