sixteen. calm storm on a wild sea

guess who got hit by a car walking home from work? yeah ik i'm a dumbass but like hey i'm home from school today. also i have no motivation to write for some reason despite the fact that i'm unable to move and am staying in bed all day but whatever i'll still pump out a chapter for you guys bc i love you. also bc i'm bored of t.v.. so here's this.

(edit) hah y'all motherfuckers thought i wouldn't update. y'all being like, my brain and my anxiety and the people at school who don't even know this exists. i'm lonely and still on too many painkillers. fuck off. also this story is going in a weird direction i hadn't planned but now i really ship some characters and i just want something happy in my life. welcome to my mental breakdown put online for anyone and everyone to see. 

also this chapter wasn't edited, i have a plan of sorts, school is quite literally kicking my ass so like idk when the next chapter will be up, enjoy what is basically a shitpost written like a story below. 

- - - - 

"Would you all come with me?" Laura asked somewhat politely, not making it sound like she was angry. Tired, definitely. But not angry, which was a huge plus.

We had hardly finished eating when she beckoned us. I hated the looks we continued to get from other tables, but I was getting used to it. This whole ordeal had been a big thing around camp. I'd overheard a couple of younger campers telling another camper that their own bags had been checked. Though nothing had been found, they were still worried. I was worried, too. They'd found things in my friends' bags that I knew for a fact hadn't been there before.

"You still have his coat?" Roami asked, winking at me as we left the building. It was nice out. It had stopped raining sometime in the night but it was still wet and dewey. The perfect weather. I loved it.

I nodded, rolling the sleeves up so they were forced to stay just above my hands. Roami laughed and surprisingly didn't say anything. I'd expected at least as much from her. Everyone kept giving me looks or side comments about Theo and the hoodie. It wasn't anything that had to do with them and it made me happy so I wasn't very concerned with what they thought. I wished I could completely stop caring about what people said or thought, but I wasn't that good at not caring.

"Since we have found nothing in your things, nothing in your cabin, etcetera, etcetera," Laura started, rolling her hand as she talked for emphasis, "We'll be giving you your things back as well as access to your cabin."

We all clapped and shouted excitedly, looking at each other to make sure this was really happening. At least, that's why I was looking at Zaila. She jumped up and down enthusiastically, holding my arms and looking at me with wide eyes. "This is amazing!" She shouted happily. I laughed and nodded.

"Definitely."

Laura even cracked a smile while she watched us rejoice, standing by the open door to our cabin. Jango joined us shortly after we all went inside and got back into the comfort we'd been in before. It really felt like we were finally home again. It was almost the end of July, which meant we only had a little while longer to stay here. Soon we'd be at our own real homes with our families, going to church and school like before. I hadn't decided yet if I was going to pretend like I wasn't me when I got home or not. I had a couple of friends who were accepting and knew me better as Danny than Jessica, but most everyone thought of me as Jessie or Jessica. I couldn't decide what the best course of action was.

"It's nice, isn't it?" Cody asked, falling onto one of the lower bunks. None of us were in the same bunks we'd been in before except for Jango. She must have just kept her things here. The bunk that Emerson had chosen was still empty and despite us all moving around, no one wanted to take it. It felt wrong to leave it empty, but it felt even more wrong to let someone else take it.