Chapter 3

I pulled into the school parking lot. Everyone had there own unofficial official parking spots. The seinors had the closest to the front door near the outdoor lockers in the B building, the Juniors closest to the cafeteria and the outdoor and indoor lockers in A building, and the sophomore and freshman mainly took the bus. Closing the door to my Audi, I walked into the cafeteria, saying hi to various people I was kinda friends with on the way to sit with people I was actually friends with. As I approached the table, I over heard a conversation at the table Gen now sits at. They we're once combined, but once we broke up, they split into Team Gen and Team Peter.
"So yeah, that's how we hooked up, and I really think that we're gonna get back together!"
3 girls leaned in "Your breaking up with the college guy?"
"No dumbass, just when the college guy breaks up with me." That jarring conversation that made me shivver. Gen scared me, and honestly, I hadn't been thinking about us getting back together since the day she tried to sleep with me, and the possibility of us re-starting our relationship is a thought so far from my mind. I didn't love her, and I didn't  miss her. I sat down at my table. "Nice man!" Gabe hi-fived me "you got back into Gens panties. "Uh..oh.. yeah." Steve Bladell slid into the seat. "Dude, why do you look like you just got your dick sucked by Lucas Krap?" Everyone looked at him.  One person said "Never say that again", another chimed in"dude it's 2018 we're not saying that." Steve shifted in his seat uncomfortably. Some of the boys went to an assembly about homophobic and transphobic talk happening in the locker room, and ever since they've all been super politically correct. "Gen thinks we're gonna get back together" everyone sat they're, a little shocked. "Wait dude, how do you know?" Gabe said. He put his hands on my shoulders and shook mr. "I heard them talking at her table." Everyone got really uncomfortable. It was quiet, until Durell chimed it. "Wow, nice man!" He gave everyone a look like pretend you're happy for him. The boys said some pathetic whoops and a couple "Get some!". "Wait what's up guys" The entire table shifted as uncomfortably as Steve did. Gabe nervously started. "We're happy for you man. It's just Gen can be...a little...-" "Cunty" Durell chimed in. "Dude!" I slumped in my chair. "No,no you're right. She's a manipulative bitch, and I don't have feelings for Gen anymore." Everyone sighed a huge sigh of relief. The bell rang for first period, and I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. It was my mom. As soon as I got the notification I opened it. She didn't text me during school unless it was an emergency.

Look what came in the mail!

Picture

Attached was a picture of a letter addressed to me, from Lara Jean Song Covey, the girl from my Chem class who I used to be friends with in middle school. She sent me a love letter. I slumped back onto my locker and read it.

Then I read it again

And again

And again

It baffled me. To think that weird girl was secretly in love with me. I had that on my mind the entire day, and it wasn't until I saw her at gym in track that I decided to say something.