Chapter 6

I pulled my black Audi into my driveway as my phone buzzed

STUDENT ALERT
Any Junior Taking Level B LIT Must Have "When The Cock Crows" By Tara Young By Tomorrow
Mrs. Dunphy

I dad a long, annoyed exhale and put the car into reverse. Where would I get when the cock crows? I then came to a realization as I pulled into main street Mcalls will probably have it. I drove around for a while until I found the store. I wasn't the only person who had this idea, cause I saw about 6 people I know running into the store with a stressed look on their faces. I parked the car and ran in. It's six forty-five, the store closed soon. Shit, I thought as I looked at the store hours. I ran in, found the book and went to the nearest register. "Hey, uh Peter, right?" I looked up from my wallet and saw Josh Sanderson standing there. "Yeah...uh hey man what's up?"

"Nothing, nothing, uh, so how long have you and Lara Jean been hanging out?" He said. He caught me off guard with that. "Uh..recently, actually. It's going really well I really like her." I smile spread on my face, and I didn't know where it came from. He pursed his lips and nodded. "$14.23" is your change." He agressivly handed me the bag with the book. "Have a nice day.