Chapter 4

"Hey! Hey! Can I Talk to you?" I spotted Lara Jean running next to Genevieves cousin, Chris.  Chris stopped, and so did Lara Jean."Me? Or  her." "Lara Jean. Can I please talk to Lara Jean." They both looked at each other. "Ok. Shoot." Chris said as she put her hand on her hip. Lara Jean just looked uncomfortable. "Can I talk to Lara Jean alone."  I said. Chris looked at Lara Jean, and Lara Jean nodded as Chris walked a few feet away. "So I got your letter..." I said. Lara Jean gave me a strange look. "A...a letter? I never wrote you a letter?" "Yeah you did! Your love letter." I pulled it out of my pocket "You said I had golden specs in my eyes." I said. Lara Jean turned completely red, and I continued to sputter on what I had rehearsed in my head. "Listen...I'm flattered but it's never gonna happen. Also, I don't have an STD, so..." Lara Jean turned even reder. "I never said you had an STD!" "Yeah you did! In your letter! You said that I had an STD and that I always took the last piece of pizza." Oh god she's so uncomfortable. I shouldn't have even said anything. "Listen.. Peter-" her face turned back to it's normal color "- I wrote that letter a long time ago, like years and years and years ago." She said. We both did an awkward chuckle. "Can I see it?" She said. That really caught me off guard. "Nah I wanna keep it. I've never gotten a letter like this before." She leaned forward and very agressivly grabbed it out of my hands. "Geeze have it! Alright..." I said. She laughed. "Thanks." She said. Lara walked off. I watched her fumble with the paper. I wish I kept it I thought. I really didn't know why, but I wish I was still holding the letter. I went home and grabbed it from my mom during lunch, so she had the only physical copy.

-------Day break------

Full disclaimer, if I wasn't walking in Peirce Hall while Lara Jean was talking to Josh Sanderson, none of this would have ever happened.

I ended up getting pulled into the guidance counselors office. Nothing much, just some bullshit about college and UVA and a hefty lacrosse scholarship. Walking out, the bell rang, and I looked at the clock on the wall shit, I thought, English history is in C building. The only way to get from here to C building is to cut across through the crowded Pierce Hall, where all the lockers were. I managed  to get there with a few minutes to spare, so I slowed down, and walked through. "Kavinsky! Peter Kavinsky!" I heard my name yelled, and before I could register what was going on, Lara Jean Song Covey was pouncing on me like a bear

"Lara Jean! What the-"

Before I could respond, she kissed me. In front of everyone. In front of Genevieve. And I liked it. A lot.

Lara Jean let go of me, and Josh started walking away. She quickly jumped off and yelled "thank you I'm so sorry!" She yelled as she started to run off down the hallway "hey wait!" I tried to grab her, but she was already in the girls bathroom by the time I could register what had just conspired.

Lara Jean Song Covey just bear tackled me and kissed me. What a day.