SEVEN

Namjoon's POV

As soon as I saw Jungkook crying, my heart broke into billion pieces. I don't want seeing my friends suffering. What more if they're my own siblings?

"Jungkook? What are you talking about?" I asked him as I assisted him to the sala and made him sit down on the couch. He doesn't stop sobbing so I ran to the kitchen and fetched a glass of water.

"Drink first."

He obliged but still didn't stop from sobbing.

"Jungkook-ah.."

"I h-heard everything hyung."

"I know. But what I'm asking is, why are you crying and what are you sorry about?"

Jungkook did not answer. I waited for him to calm down and stop sobbing. As soon as he stopped crying, he didn't answer me, instead, he asked me something.

"Am I being a nuisance to you hyung? Am I being a pain in the neck?"

"Jungkook, you must know by now that you will never be a nuisance to me."

"But I'm being too problematic, am I not?"

I sighed. If I'm going to compare my life before and after what happened, of course, my life was easier than now.

But I wouldn't change a thing tho. We've been asking Jungkook for years to stay with us but he kept on insisting that he's fine alone. But now, he's here. And I couldn't be happier with that.

"Does my answer even matter?" I asked him. He gave me a confused look but still sobbing.

"O-of course. Because I should g-go if I'm being a problem. If Hoseok hyung and Taehyung hyung didn't forgive me, your family would be cursing me now for pulling you in this mess."

"First of all, OUR family. Second, what happened, happened. We can't change anything. We can't bring back Yoongi nor bring back those days that Jimin was okay. But if you want to make it up to what you did, prove us, them, Jimin, that you're worthy of their forgiveness. Prove Seokjin hyung that he's different from you.

You are not a nuisance. You aren't making things hard for me. I'm doing this as your brother. Because I need to. Because I want to.

When I was informed that I have a younger brother, I couldn't be happier. That's why I tried my best to look for you. And swore to our mother's grave that I'll do anything to protect you. I feel like this is all my fault. I failed to be a br-"

"Hyung!" Jungkook cut my words. But he needs to know that he's important to me.

"No. Let me finish. I feel like I failed to be your older brother. I let you do things on your way without realizing that I'm supporting you in a very wrong way. And so I need to make it up to you too. I need to be there for you especially now. If you decided to get imprisoned, I'll do anything to be with you on that cell. Because I made a promise to mom and there's no way I'm breaking it."