PART TWO

A friendship begins with familiarity,
A friendship exceeds with love,
It's the hatred and the lies held within,
That turns the friendship to dust.

• Part two of Part 2 •

Pulling his arm from boys grip he pushed him backwards and assessed his face.
"What the hell, Theo!" Yelled Liam attempting to keep his voice down, wanting to avoid gathering anyone's attention.
Liam began to walk towards the door to return to his friends but was blocked. Theo stood in front of the door, his muscular body stopping any chance that Liam had of quietly exiting the room.
"You're not even going to ask me what I want?" Theo smirked down at the shorter boy.
"No I was going to avoid talking to you and leave. Let me out."
"I still want that pack you know. I still want an alpha. I want you to be my alpha."
Liam looked up wearily listening carefully to what was being said.
"Uh, in case you haven't noticed but these, these aren't red." Liam spat bitterly, pointing at his glowing yellow eyes.
"But they can be, I'll help you. There's a new alpha not far outside of beacon hills. Ive seen how he fights, his techniques and I think that we can take him."
"There, there's no such thing as we. Let me leave, Theo."
"Or are you still Scott McCall's little bitch?"
Liam felt his claws grow and his eyes turn bright yellow. This time he had to keep his cool, to show Theo that he could control his anger.

Blood fell from his hands, where his nails were piercing through his skin, he could hear the sound of each droplet hitting the carpet, staining it.
He focused on his heartbeat, keeping it at a regular pace, controlling his heart helped control his mind, his anger.
His eyes returned to his natural colour, his claws returned back into their nail beds. Liam inhaled and looked back into the eyes of the soulless boy who stood in front of him.
"I'm not helping you. And why can't you just ask him to be your alpha?"
"I've seen the way he treats his pack, I'd prefer to be a lone wolf than be his bitch." Theo spoke seriously.
"Fine. I don't kill people because unlike you, I have a soul. Now may I leave?" Liam raised his voice slightly, using only a tinge if anger.
"Okay, if you tell me what it was that made you want to fight me last night"
"It's your fault Hayden's dead. If-if you had just died, maybe we'd both be alive." Liam found it hard to look into Theo's eyes as he knew that he'd look guilty.
"No, maybe you'd be dead, maybe you'd both be dead. And I don't know if you agree with me on this or but I'd prefer it if you alive." Theo moved swiftly across the wall and allowed Liam to exit the room.

Liam began to walk, Theo watching him carefully, weighing in his mind whether he should say the two words or would it make things worse.
Before Liam was out of Theo's sight he called out, "Liam!"
Once Liam turned Theo continued. "I'm sorry."

Instead of returning to his friends Liam returned to the wooden bridge that he found himself at the night before. He heard the same creaks in the wood, the same trickle of the water.
The only difference was instead of seeing Theo's sisters death as cruel, although it was, he saw it as a manipulation of the mind of a youth.
Two words repeated in Liam's head.
"I'm sorry."
He couldn't help but think that maybe Theo had a soul after all, maybe if the dread doctors never found Theo he'd be a better person than he is today. Maybe he'd care.

Staring into his own face, reflecting off of  the streaming water, he began to wonder what it would be like to be an alpha, to be the leader of a pack.
He wouldn't have to rely on Scott to make the decisions, everyone else would look up to him. He'd be able to come up with the plans.
But he'd have to live up to all of the expectations that his pack throws at him. He is already basically the alpha of a small pack, but being a real one, with more supernatural creatures, would be something entirely new.

"What are you thinking about?" Theo asked, snapping Liam out of his thoughts.
"Are you following me?" Liam turned to face the boy who stood tall on the end of the bridge, his arms hung down by his sides.
"More like observing. Have you changed your mind?"
"No." Liam replied bluntly.
"You know I don't blame you for not trusting me." Sincerity was held in Theo's voice.
"Remember I did take my sisters heart, I killed my own pack, I'm monstrous."
"You are a lot of things, Theo Raeken but you're not monstrous, not anymore." Liam spoke, he doesn't know why he was defending Theo, it was wrong to do. It just felt so right.
Theo looked into the soul of Liam's eye and for the first time, he felt hopeful. Somebody actually cared about the bad guy.

"Why are you smiling?" Liam asked.
"Liam. Out of all people why do you seem to care for me. You're the one who seemed to hate me the most-last night you hated me, earlier tonight you seemed to hate me so what's different now?"
"You. You're different." Although Theo hadn't even changed that much, Liam had.
"No-I think it's you that's different." Theo turned Liams words.
"Maybe. Don't think that I actually care about you because of what I've said. Because I don't." Liam said attempting to clarify things. He did in fact care about Theo , but he had yet to admit it to himself.

"Okay."
The two were held together in complete silence, the only sound was the running water.
After a minute of silence Theo spoke,
"I'm going to join pack, he takes in anyone willing."
Theo saw the confusion in Liam face, remembering what Theo had said to him at the party.
"I know what I said. Somethings coming, something dangerous and if I don't join a pack, I'll die. You should know that a lone wolf can't survive through things like that."

Liam opened his mouth as if he was going to say something. No words exited his mouth, only slight gasp of disbelief.
"But"-
"I won't see anyone much, I will stay in Beacon Hills. The alpha, Durite, will make you kill anyone you care about if he notices any distractions caused by the person. and you, distract me." Theo cut in.
Liam listened to Theo's heartbeat and it slowly but surely was increasing, he was nervous.

"Distract you from what?" Liam wondered
"Myself."
Liam opened his mouth to protest, but Theo spoke first.
"Don't say anything else, goodbye Liam."
Liam felt as though he had to do something, had to stop him from leaving.
"What's your number, your phone number?" He blurted our.
"I-in case the pack isn't what you think it is, if anything goes wrong."

Theo gestured his hand in front of Liam giving him the signal to hand his phone to him, so Liam did. Theo then proceeded to add his number to Liam's contact list, sending a single message to himself to allow him to have Liam as a contact as well, before handing it back to the nervous boy.
"Emergencies only." He stated. 
Theo gave Liam a smile of consideration before walking out of sight.
Liam was truely devastated that Theo had gone, but more was concerned about what he said was coming.

*****
Oki this was kinda weird but idk. Thank you for reading I appreciate it a lot. I enjoy writing these and I hope you like reading them.
• don't forget to vote or comment if you enjoyed and correct me if I had made any mistakes so that I can correct them :)