PART TWELVE

• 12 •
The roar of the ocean
hold secrets,
of moonlight lovers,
Love rises in the tide,
it lives within the waves
-cam

• 12 • The roar of the ocean hold secrets,of moonlight lovers,Love rises in the tide,it lives within the waves -cam

12

There was no exact answer for what is happening to Nathan, only possibilities and their 'what if' theories.
It not only terrifying to see a 'possessed' werewolf like person l, but not knowing what it was and what it was capable of sent shivers down Liam's spine.

The group returned to the school which was now almost completely bordered off.
Ignoring the warning tape they returned back to the classroom, linked in a chain while using Corey's chameleon ability to avoid being spotted.

The classroom looked the same, however there was no blood or officers.
The chain broke, revealing their bodies to anyone nearby, luckily they were alone.

"Can you catch a scent." Mason asked, clutching his arms together. He looked almost as nervous as Liam felt.

"Yeah, it's faint but I I know the direction," Liam spoke looking to the right side of the classroom.

The sound of footsteps caused the teenagers to recreate their chain and become invisible once again.
"Look!" Corey whispered.
In front of the group were small droplets of blood creating a trail away to the left from where they had entered from.

"Nathan." Theo spoke.
His hand was clutching Liams wrist which sent nervous tingles throughout his body.

"Two directions, how is that possible?" Mason asked.
"How about Mason and I follow the trail, seeing as you need me to see it and. You two follow the sent?" Corey suggested.

Theo looked towards Liam trying to read his facial expressions after the suggestion was made.
All he received was a bitter eye roll.
Being put together wasn't such a bad idea was it? Theo thought to himself.
After all they lived together.

"Fine," Liam replied bluntly, tearing his hand from Theo's grip.
Mason noticed that something was up between Theo and Liam, most likely something petty.
He looked back and fourth at the two before thinking that he shouldn't get involved.
He shook his head and turned away.

Liam followed the scent, making sure that Theo was a small distance behind him.
From the school Liam followed the trail through many streets and into the forest. The same forest where Derek's childhood house once stood.

Theo realised that Liam wanted distance, so he purposely walked slowly.
He hated how far away he felt from Liam, how abandoned it caused him to feel.
Focusing on the sounds of crunching leaf litter he thought of various things to say.

Theo cleared his throat nervously, biting his lip before saying, "Liam we have to talk about this!"

Liam continued walking, completely ignoring what Theo had just said.
Theo repeated himself, adding "I know you can hear me, dumbass!"

Liam came to a sudden stop and turned.
"There's nothing to talk about Theo. You've made that clear that there's nothing. Nothing at all,"

By now Theo stood right in front of Liam, feeling guilty for how he turned him down as soon as he confessed his feelings.

Liam attempted to turn away and continue walking, but he was held back by Theo's hand gently gripping his wrist.
He turned back.

Theo slid his hand downwards until the two interlocked hands.
Liam closed his eyes for a moment, thinking of what to do next.
He took a deep breath before reopening his eyes.

He clutched Theo's hand tight before pulling it away and continued on his trail.

Walking another safe distance in front he felt his hand that Theo had just held, reliving the warmth and comfort that the contact had.
Something many people may consider small and meaningless can mean the world to someone else.

Theo walked slowly once again, feeling saddened by the rejection his had just encountered.
He knew that he passed on an opportunity when Liam spoke the truth, but he just wasn't ready to face it himself.

The two had found themselves in a part of the forest that they handled ventured through before.
The scent was growing stronger and stronger leading Liam to believe that Nathan was either nearby or had recently gone past.

Liam began to grow frustrated at himself for taking so long to find someone, it was pathetic.
He continued to stomp through the Forrest, until Theo spoke once again.

"Liam maybe we should go back, see what Corey and Mason found,"
Theo was worried about how Liam was handling the responsibilities.

"No. You can go, I don't care but I'm close."
Liam began to grow angrier with every piece of frustration.
He clenched his nails into the palms of his hands, tensing while slowly piercing the skin on the palms of his hands.

The scent became mucky and disoriented, a mixture of unknown blood contaminated the smell of Nathan.

Liam began to run towards the scent, an annoyed Theo running shortly behind him. The scent grew stronger as the ran faster and faster.

They then found a body of a young girl, with deep brown hair and soulless blue eyes.
Her nose and mouth were stained in merely black blood, and a bite mark oozed the same fluid.

Liam began to walk towards the body, but Theo heard something click, the sound of a trip wire.

Theo wrapped his arms quickly around Liams chest and pulled him downwards were the boy fell on top of him.
A single arrow, dripping with some sort of liquid shot out of no where, flying in the same spot that Liams head was previously.

The two froze, both releasing a deep sigh of relief.
Theo still held Liam tight against his chest, worried that if he let him go something bad could happen, even though that wasn't true.

They were meant to follow the scents and they were meant to find the body. It was a trap.
Finally, the two stood up and assessed the arrow.

On the tip of the arrow was a small piece of paper, untouched by the goo surrounded it.
Theo was the one to unfold the paper, gently trying not to cause any of the slightest tears or rips.

Opening the note; the paper read: This is the beginning. Theo Raeken, for you, this is the end. Followed by a sketched pack symbol.

Theo immediately scrunched yo the piece of paper and threw in into the distance, not allowing Liam to read it, only to trust what Theo says.

"What'd it say,"
Liam looked up at Theo cautiously.

"All it said was that this is the beginning," Theo replied obviously lying.

While Theo replied Liam payed attention to his heartbeat to tell if he was lying, why else would he get rid of the note.
He lied, but Liam didn't feel the need to point it out yet.

Theo stared into the woods, his stomach dropped when he saw a set of red glowing eyes staring back at him.

******
Hey guys I'm sorry I skipped a day and didn't add a new part!!
I'll upload either twice next time or tomorrow and the day after.
But yeah hope I enjoyed bieeyeye