PART FOUR

• 4 •

Could man be drunk forever,
With liquor, love, or fights,
Life should I rouse at morning,
And life lie down of nights.

                                             • 4 •

• 4 •

Unlike many other supernatural creatures, Liam knew how to get wasted.
By adding the correct amount of wolfsbane into any beverage, a werewolves actions and feelings become similar to how drunk people would feel and act.
However, if too much of it is added, it can result from in aggressive behaviours, or even sickness.

It has been three weeks since Theo left to join the new pack, three weeks since Liam has heard from him.
A lot has happened in those past few weeks.
Liam has been skipping school, loosing contact with his friends, he even stopped talking to Mason.

Each day the void inside of him was getting larger and more destructive, leaving Liam feeling not only alone but worthless and depressed.
Tonight Liam would be attending yet another party and this time he decided to invite Mason and Corey, only to prove to them that he is okay, that he's happy. Even though he is the opposite.

Before the party began, Liam spent the day at Hayden's grave. He sat opposite of the gravestone, reading each word that was written on the plaque over and over again.
The only thing that reminded liam of how he felt towards the girl, was the memory of their own relationship. Their relationship that was built upon lust, not love and the hope for a companion.
He knew that sooner or later they would have just broken up. Her death pushed that deadline to sooner rather than later.

Standing up he walked through rows of gravestones searching for one specific name.
Tara Raeken.
Knowing that she was buried somewhere, basically near the same spot that Hayden was buried made him feel some sort of way.
There were hundreds of bodies buried, each body, each gravestone represented a different person. Each person with a different family, a different life's story.
He knew that one day he'd be buried here too. Maybe sooner than people thought.

Just as he was about to make his way towards the party, held at Nathan's house, he visited the same spot that he visits each day.
The old, wooden bridge. The bridge that Theo allowed his sister to die near.
Theo didn't keep his promise. Liam received not a single phone call, message or even a sign that he was still alive.
From the day that Theo had left, Liam stayed up at night waiting for that one phone call, telling Liam that Theo was okay. 
Each night he was left disappointed, waking up to become hopeful once again.
This routine repeated for two weeks until Liam realised that Theo will never call him back.
Liam feeling betrayed decided to come to the bridge each day as a reminder of how monstrous Theo actually his. Taking back any nice thing that he had even said to Theo.

From there he walked to the party, not bothering to change, or even to look in a mirror. He didn't care about what people thought of him anymore.
He didn't care about anything.
All he wanted to do is to have fun and forget all of his worries.
In his pocket he held a small bag of powdered wolfsbane.