PART EIGHT

• 8 •
And as you sit out there,
thinking of everyone's feelings but your own,
you wonder if the moon comes up at night,
so the stars don't feel alone.
-rmk

• 8 •

• 8 •

Theo stood still for a moment, staring deeply through the window that lead to the nights sky, in complete and utter fascination.

He stared into the stars, each star reminding him of a different memory of his childhood.
Theo has lived a large portion of his life alone, learning how to fight for him self and has gone through more losses and hurt than anyone else would in a lifetime. He considered his life to be strange and abnormal.

Yet Liam caused Theo to feel a certain amount of normality, the amount that he needed in his life to keep him sane.

He proceeded to follow behind Liam and crawled cautiously outside of the window.
The wooden frame that surrounds the window creaked once Theo applied his weight onto it, yet the sound stopped once he stepped steadily onto the roof.

Liam stood waiting, his face covered in a large smile of rebellion. Theo looked down at Liam in disapproval.

"What? We're not going anywhere," Liam laughed.
The darkness covered most of Liam's body and face, but Theo could see make out each movement that he made.

Liam walked a small distance further away from his window. He lay down staring up at the sky as if he was stargazing.

Theo followed wondering what on earth Liam was doing, he was acting different than usual.

Liam and Theo lay side by side so close that their shoulders were touching.
The town was silent, the roads lit by numerous lights which were placed evenly throughout each street.

There the two youths lay, on top of a rooftop silently. It wasn't an awkward silence though, it was a silence where they were allowing each other to think, rather than talk.

Theo turned his head and faced Liam, who was stuck in a upwards gaze. The lights from the nights sky cause his eyes to radiate and shine bluey.

"What are you thinking about?" He questioned Liam freely.

"Just life," Liam replied without turning to Theo.

Lying there, on the rooftop gave Liam peace of mind and a chance for him to relax for a moment.
The stars were fascinating to him,nonetheless scary at the same time.
They were just something that appears at night, no one even thinks much of it.
But what if one day they just disappear, will anyone care or notice? Liam thought precariously to himself.