PART FIVE

• 5 •
Incisions marked with skin of silk,
I am vulnerable.
True to flesh and to bone,
I am human.

• 5 •

• 5 •

Waking up, Liam decided to stay in bed listening to the whisper of his own thoughts.
He thought of the failure that his life had become; how it so quickly changed from being the life of a normal youth, to the life of a mentally ill werewolf, confused about his own feelings and mindset.

It was time for him to change his ways- and this time, he would reach out and ask for help. Liam was uneducated  about what type of professional help he'd receive, the only 'help' that he knew of that targeted at the improvement of his mental well-being was at his old school. And that caused Liam to become more and more unstable.

Mason's bedroom was quite what you'd expect a stereotypical teenage boys bedroom to be like: messy, video games and consoles scattered around.
But Mason was more intelligent than an average teenage boy.
His desk held books whose titles were even too much for Liam to comprehend.
History, mathematics, geography. Most of it was for school, but Mason enjoyed casually reading educational books during his own free time.
Most people would think that it was nerdy and weird, but Liam envied Masons passion for being intelligent.

Listening to the sound of Masons breathing Liam couldn't help but feel guilty.
Mason is too innocent to be living his life surrounded by werewolves, monsters, blood and death.
Whenever a threatening supernatural occurrences happens, which involves the Beacon Hills pack, Liam always becomes terrified that Mason would be harmed, or even killed, in the crossfire.

Pushing aside the guilt, he thought of the conversation that he previously had with Theo a few hours earlier.
Liams feelings towards Theo were confusing and muddled - no matter how mad he was at him, them speaking to one another made Liam forget any negative feelings that he had against Theo, and he couldn't explain the reason why.

He knew that there was a slim chance that Nathan had been bitten by an alpha. The same alpha, Durite, who had the intention of turning as many teenagers that night as possible.
Nathan could already be turned, having outbursts of rage, tearing apart innocent people one by one in a never ending fit of blood lust.
Liam was useless in that situation, he couldn't do anything to help, he wasn't Scott McCall.

"Liam. Are you awake?" the voice of a soft soul spoke.
"Mhm" he replied.
He shifted his entire body, so that he could face the tiresome boy.  Their eyes connected, both sharing a look of concern.

The look of concern which resembled the look that a mother gives her child who had come home hours late, after partying and being thoroughly intoxicated. Wondering where she went wrong in her child upbringing, blaming herself for any tragedies that may occur in the future.
Also, the look of concern that holds love, love that cannot be changed or violated.
The love where you just pray for the best to happen to someone.