PART TEN

• 10 •

I didn't fall in love with you,
I walked in love with you,
with my eyes wide open,
choosing to take,
every step along the way

I didn't fall in love with you,I walked in love with you,with my eyes wide open,choosing to take,every step along the way

• 10 •

Moving into the loft was the easy part of leaving home, being confronted with the realisation of what has actually happening wasn't.

The bare and dull walls and flooring were only slightly furnished and decorated. Leaving the entire area quite bland.
Derek's old furniture still remained around some parts of the loft, but it was quite 'old fashioned' and would most likely be removed in the future.

There were many scratches and claw marks that covered some areas of the walls, most likely from attacks.
It was a large place which didn't necessarily have a homely feel yet, but in the future as Liam becomes more and more used to the surroundings it will become home.

Theo was more optimistic.
He felt secure and safe in the loft knowing that it was under high tech security and if Durite happens to find Theo while he was there, he'd know and be prepared. He'd also always have Liam with him so he'd rarely be alone.

It was early nightfall when the boys had finished furnishing their new home and moving all of their belongings and clothing from one place to another. Theo didn't have many items, seeing that he most recent 'home' besides Liams house was his car.

"A home at last," Theo sighed in relief and tiredness.

Liam and Theo sat facing each other, their shoulders touching the glass window that gave them a detailed view of Beacon Hills.

"I never thought that I wouldn't ever consider living with you. If you went back in time and told my past self of this moment, he wouldn't believe you," Liam joked.

"I can't believe that I'm living with on of the good guys," Theo spoke, his eyes focused on the distance.

"Can you stop with the whole 'I'm one of the bad guys' 'I'm a monster, I kill people," bullshit. Because you're not, not anymore." Liam replied in complete seriousness.

Theo bit his lip, "Fine."
"You look tired," Theo added while focusing on the bags under Liams droopy eyes.

"I'm not," Liam spoke.
"Can you tell me something.." Liam asked sincerely.

"Anything," Theo replied

"How come you've changed so much, it's not a bad thing— it's a good thing but I don't get it."

"Well in the past all I cared about was survival and power, the dread doctors taught me to be like that. But, but your pack helped me realise that surviving without the people you care about, or letting other people die for you wasn't really the right thing." Theo spoke in all out honesty.
"Why survive when you're left with no one, it's not worth it to be alone." He added.

"Hayden died. If I had died she wouldn't have, she basically died for me." Liam said, the memories of that night resurfacing.

It was the same night when Liam first began to feel something for Theo, something different.
He didn't know it at the time, he used hatred to defend his feelings, but he knew it now.

Theo felt slightly triggered, the memories of the guilt he had for Liam, the memories of the hatred that Liam had against him rose in his mind once again, the thoughts like a nightmare.

He remember the night in the library, how he allowed Liam to continuously hit him.
He didn't want to defend himself because he was getting what he deserved.

"C-can we not talk about that?" Theo stuttered.

"I'm sorry for blaming it on you, you didn't deserve that guilt. It wasn't your fault." Liam apologised.

Theo ran his hands though his soft hair and faced back towards Liam.
"I didn't even know what would happened. But if I did, if I had to choose I would have chosen you, I would have chosen you to survive"

Blushing Liam faced away.

"Let's go somewhere, come on," Theo spoke happily, pushing his sadness away.

Instead of going into the lofts rooftop, they decided to go onto the balcony that they discovered.
There were long lounges, long enough for somebody to sleep on.

Theo and Liam lay next to each other, their shoulders inches apart.
They spoke about the usual things, their opinions on things, their deep thoughts and emotions. But Liam said something entirely new,

"Okay, so I kind of have feelings for someone, someone who I shouldn't have feelings for. It's different than the usual feelings or, or the stupid 'crush' it's harder to like them because I fear too much that I would be rejected and we'd loose out friendship. And I know they don't feel the same, but I really want to talk to them about it because maybe they do.." Liam babbled on.

" I have a feeling that this is about me," Theo questioned, his voice quiet and concerned.

Liam didn't deny it, he just didn't reply giving Theo an obvious answer.

"Well stop having feelings for me!" Theo demanded defensively.

"I can't! Do you think that I wanted to fall for you?" Liam clapped back, his voice just as defensive as Theo's.

"No.. why would you.." Theo spoke in a more soft and sincere tone.

"Exactly.." Liam sighed

Taken aback by this comment Theo didn't add any witty replies, he just lay silently not moving, wanting to stay by Liams side.
The two sat in silence, not moving to look at each other only focusing on staring towards the sky blankly.

After a while of silence Theo spoke up, "I'm sorry,"
"You know, you're not too bad yourself," Theo turned smiling realising why Liam had been so silent.
There Liam lay, sound asleep with his face so peaceful and calm, lying cozily beside Theo's left shoulder.

Liam was tired, much more than he lead Theo to believe.
He's been lacking sleep, receiving around 3 hours of it per night, it was draining Liam both mentally and physically.

Instead of attempting to wake Liam or to leave him by himself, Theo decided to close his eyes and fall asleep , wanting to stay overnight by Liams side.

And there they stayed for the night, lying asleep together, side by side, not know that this was the last night before they encounter hell.

*****
Guys school is back so I'm going to add a part every second day, I hope that's okayyy.
But imma add drama into the next part so be prepared.
Cozy thiam is cute asf
& I'm sorry that this was slightly shorter than usual
I know I made mistake but I'm tired so I cbf re reading and fixing them sorry :/