Chapter 14

'Ah, Love, how badly hast thou governed me!

Why should affection so sincere and pure,

Bring with it such desire, such suffering?'

Count Giacomo Leopardi- First Love.

It had been a crappy day.

I get home late. My head feeling tight and my body tense. I peel off the parka from my arms and throw it onto the chair in the living room when I walk in.

Bella's dad picked her up early today so she couldn't give me a ride home, which meant I had to wait for the school bus to take me.

It turned out the Biology students had some type of excursion today so the buses only ended up returning to school at around 6pm, and the bus driver wasn't exactly thrilled to continue dropping kids off outside of his work hours.

I sluggishly pull myself up the stairs on the way to the bathroom.

I quickly jump in the shower, doing a little dance when the icy water touches my skin. I stay shivering under the water for a few seconds until the water finally gets hot.

I stand under the shower for fifteen minutes, letting the hot water soothe my muscles as it jets across my neck and runs down my back

I was my hair with the sweet smelling shampoo and let the sporadic water wash my over my head until my hands and hair are free of soap.

After completley drying off I pull on a dark grey tee and some pajama shorts.

I miss my bed. My real bed.' I think while I walk lazily into my room.

I'm so busy glaring at the small bed that I hardly notice the brooding vampire sitting on a chair near the window.

"Jesus!" I jump out, my heart rate accelerating at a speed it's never reached before.

Shit.
I completely forgot.

"I'm sorry." Edward said quietly. "I heard you were in the shower so I came in through your window."

I pull my hair out of my bun and walk towards the bed. "It's alright." I say before I sit down.

"It's sorta creepy that I didn't hear you come in at all. But hey, you are a 'stealthy vampire' right?" I say chuckling.

"Right..." he says slowly, my lame attempt at a joke going right over his head.

Ugh. Better get into it.

"What do you want to know first? I ask him nervously, frantically drumming my thumb on my thigh.

"Where are you from? Really?"

"California, from the year 2017." I say, trying to come off as completely transparent yet sounding more like a discount Marty McFly.

"2017? That's crazy." He frowns.

"Heh, that's not even the tip of the iceberg, bud." I mutter into the air.

"So what are you? Some sort of time traveller?" He asks.

"Not exactly. See, as of about a week ago I got a new job with this zany company. A company that worked with the alternate universes of fictional worlds." I glance nervously up to see his perturbed face.

"Yours being one of them." I say finally.

His eyebrows knit in bewilderment.

"So I'm living in a fictional world?" He asks skeptically.

Imperceptible [Edward Cullen] •book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें