Chapter 2

"Did you see how easy that was?" Mr Kim bragged confidently while walking over to a grand window that sat on one of the walls of the living room. I stared down at the floor, waiting for him to elaborate.

Taehyung lifted up the sleeve of his suit to look at his watch. "It only took five minutes to ruin your relationship."

"Why?" I whispered softly while lifting my head.

"What was that?" He asked while turning to me.

"Why would you do that?" Mr Kim slowly walked towards me as I spoke.

"For your treatment you need to be isolated, so that means no Jungkook." Tae had a proud smile resting on his lips once he finished speaking.

"I don't want your treatment!" I yelled while standing up from my chair.

"You're sick." Mr Kim grunted while wrapping his fingers around my chin to pull my face up. "Do you want me to let it get worse?" Tears began welling in my eyes as I stared up at him. I felt so powerless.

"Don't cry, y/n." He said while staring down at me. What he said was more like a command than an act of sympathy.

"I'm trying not to," I whispered as a tear escaped my eye and rolled down the side of my cheek.

"Try harder." He muttered while roughly letting go of my chin.

I stood there in silence for a few seconds, trying my hardest not to break down in tears.

"I'm going to bed," I muttered while turning away. Taehyung interrupted me by rabbed my hand, stopping me from moving.

"56!" He yelled. I stared at him with a confused expression until a petite girl walked into the room. I had guessed she was a maid from what she was wearing, on top of the number-name thing.

"Take y/n to her room." Mr Kim commanded coldly before turning away. The small girl nodded before motioning me to follow her.

"Wait," I whispered as we got outside of the living room. "Were you the one who gave me these?" I asked while pulling the pill bottle out of my pocket.

She turned around with a worried expression. "Please hide that, miss." I quickly put it back. "Mr Kim has only given me two more chances to make mistakes or I'll be gone."

We were now walking up a spiralling staircase.

"Like, fired?" I asked.

"I wish." She whispered as we walked down a hall.

"Wha-"

"Here is your room, miss." The maid opened my door before quickly shuffling away.

I wearily stepped into my bedroom, well, it looked more like a patients room. It was designed exactly like a hospital. The room was oddly large with the only piece of furniture in the room being my bed which took up 10% of the space and had a small clip board placed the end of it. The only window in my room was covered by a white curtain and the floor was tiled.

As I approached my bed I noticed something folded up on my bedsheets. As I picked up the material a small note fell out of it.

Please wear this.
-Butler 83

"83?" I mumbled. How many maids and butlers does he have?

I eventually got changed into what I found out was hospital patient clothing.

"I'll just go along with Tae's little fantasy for tonight and I'll escape tomorrow." I decided while crawling into bed.

-=+=-

I yawned while sitting up in bed. I could hear lively chatter in the hallway outside of my room.

"Is something happening?" I mumbled while opening my door.

I stared in awe, watching what was unfolding in front of me. People were being rushed down the corridor on hospital tables with busy doctors and nurses exchanging plans for operations. Others were being wheeled around in wheelchairs and children in hospital robes were running around and giggling down the hall.

No one had seemed to notice me. I was invisible. With each second that passed by the sound of talking grew louder and louder until everyone was screaming over the top of one another. It was horrifying. I fell to the ground, clamping my hands over my ears, begging it would stop.

Suddenly, everything went silent.

"Stand." I peeked up from underneath my arm. Mr Kim was standing right in front of me in silence. Slowly, I rose to my feet.

"Wait," I mumbled while glancing around the hall. It was back to how it was beforehand, no doctors, no patients, no screaming.

I immediately wrapped my arms around his body and started uncontrollably sobbing.

"Please, let me go home," I desperately pleaded. Mr Kim stood there, motionless.

"Don't worry, it's working." I could tell he was smiling without even seeing his face. Quickly, I let go of him.

"Why am I hugging you?" I muttered to myself. "I need to get out of here."

I bolted for the stares at what seemed like lightning speed but was stopped by a hand grabbing onto my wrist.

"Why do you want to leave?" He asked while pulling me towards him, forcing my face to collide with his chest.

"Are you afraid, y/n?"