Chapter 4

"Get out of the car," he ordered.

We had arrived back at his house. The familiar feeling of dread loomed over me as I opened the car door and stepped outside. I had nowhere to run, the large gate that held as the entrance of Mr Kim's property was now closed behind us.

Soon, I walked next to Mr Kim, who was now standing in front of his door. Patiently, I waited. The door let out a painful creek as it opened, revealing 56 standing behind it with a soft smile on her face. I stared down at my feet in shame.

"Take her to her room, we need to improve her treatment," Mr Kim commanded while taking his jacket off. A few butlers and maids scampered away to another room.

"Let's go," 56 whispered softly. After one quick glance at Mr Kim, I followed her up to my room.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled while sitting on the edge of my bed, completely oblivious to the cuts all over my legs and arms. 56 didn't finch at all, instead she picked up a first aid kit and started tending to my wounds. "I tried running but I-"

"I don't recall what you're talking about, miss," 56 said in a soft voice. Not once did she look up from the bandages she was putting on my legs.

"You helped me esca-"

"Escape?" She asked with a small smile while closing the kit. "Why would you want to escape?"

"What?" I mumbled. "Mr Ki-"

"Mr Kim was kind enough to take you out for a drive," she said with a sweet smile.

"But what about the cuts? It was the fence tha-"

"What cuts?"

My eyes trailed down to my legs, which seemed untouched.

"I think I'm going crazy," I mumbled.

"I think you might be," 56 whispered with sympathetic expression. I closely studied her face as she stared up at me. How could she help me escape then immediately change her mind? Maybe I did go for a drive with Mr Kim and got delusional, thinking I could leave.

"Or," I began while clenching my fists. "You're all a bunch of manipulators. Sadists."

56 scoffed, "we just want you to get better, miss."

"No," I mumbled. "You want me to think I'm sick." 56 was reaching under my bed as I spoke.

"We're going what's best for you, miss." She pulled out a black box from under my bed and began opening it.

"What is that for?" I asked in horror while staring down at the black box. A large syringe was placed inside, surrounded by foam.

"Your treatment, miss." Two butlers walked into the room soon after. 56 was slowly walking towards me.

"No," I whispered while staring at her in shock.

"You'll barely feel a thing."

"What!?" I yelled as the two butlers held my arms down on my bed. "Get off me!" I violently kicked my legs around, hoping to somehow hit someone.

Trust no one was the last thing I remembered thinking before I was engulfed in darkness.

-=+=-

It was cold. So incredibly cold. I lifted my heavy eyes to the sight of a different room. It was eccentric and large. I was definitely in a bedroom since I was lying on a bed, but it wasn't mine.

I let out a gasp as I realised whose room it was. Mr Kim was sitting at his desk doing some kind of paperwork. Immediately, I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I could feel his eyes burning into my skin. It was pretty obvious that I was awake but he decided not to embarrass me by announcing my presence.

I felt my shoulders shiver. Why is his room so cold? My whole body was shaking by now, oh no, he's going to notice.

The warm feeling of a blanket fell over my body. Reluctantly, I opened my eyes. Mr Kim was standing over me in silence.

"Thank you," I whispered while snuggling into the blanket. Mr Kim looked away with a sigh. What was the point of putting me in his room if he thought I'm trouble to look after?

"I brought you here to see how you were going." He said while straightening his tie which was already straight. "Think of this as your monthly check up."

I stared up at him blankly.

"Have you felt your illness weaken?" He asked while sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I don't know. You tell me, doc." I groaned in annoyance. I knew that I definitely wasn't sick and no one could convince me otherwise.

"Have you rethought your response to my inquiry?" He asked after clearing his throat.

"Are you serious?" I mumbled. "You mean you still want me to tell you if I want to date you or not?" He looked pretty uncomfortable.

"I-" I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. He's such a child. "I don't wan-"

"I have an idea." Mr Kim said while standing up. "Don't finish your sentence, we're going to have a date."

He could've said that before he kidnapped me...

I'm going on a date with my kidnapper?

A/n Wowie that took a little while to write... The school holidays are over so I don't have much time to write nowadays, I hope you understand ;--;