Chapter Three:

Later at the table after the discussion with Alice and Chibs...

Jax's POV:

Clay and I sat in the clubhouse after everyone left. "Do you really think she could be good for the club, Clay?" I asked after I took a long puff from my cigarette. "You saw her file, she's good, Jax. She's killed more people than almost all of us combined." he stated, tossing her folder my way. I flipped through it once more and stopped at her mugshot. She even looked good in that. "Plus, she's definitely not hard on the eyes, right?" I smiled and slid her folder back to the middle of the table. "No, she's not hard on the eyes at all. But, she's also a woman, and I'm worried about how that will effect our image." I explained as I raked my hand through my hair. "No one said people had to know. She could be our secret weapon." he suggested, leaning forward lacing his fingers together. "What do you mean? She'll have a patch, everyone will know she's not just someone's Ol' lady." "She won't get patched in for a month. We could have her popping off people left and right before they even know what's happening." I thought about it for a moment. "I guess I never thought of it that way. They won't know what hit them if they never get the chance to see her and gather intel on her." "I don't know how anyone's going to miss that mane. She might have to tone it down or something." he said as he shook his head and laughed. "Do you think it's really that red? I mean, she is Scottish." "Nah, Chibs showed me the only picture he had of her when she was 12, and that hair was black as coal." "Really, black? I don't know if I can picture that on her." Clay raised an eyebrow at me. "It's just hard to imagine it differently is all." I remarked quickly. "Right."

Alice's POV:

As I was unpacking all my things at the clubhouse's spare bedroom, I heard a knock on the door. I frowned, wondering who would still be here. I opened the door to find Jax with a weird smile on his face. "Can I help you, boy?" he gestured with his hand to come in. "May I?" I stepped aside and let him in. "What is it?" I asked again before I shut the door. "Your first assignment." "Oh really, what is it?" "A gun run, with me. The place will be empty, we just have to get the money, the guns and get out." I sat down on the bed, crossing my legs to lift my foot up so I could remove my black stilettos. Once I removed my shoes, I pulled my legs up on the bed and sat Indian style. "So, just you and I on this? Sounds like a simple job, why send me with the VP and not the Prospect?" I inquired. He shrugged and sat down next to me. "Don't know, Clay just gave me the orders. I'm sure he just wants me to watch you and see how you do." I rolled my head to face him. "I don't need watching, boy." "Not my orders, Telford. You either go with it or get out. Not my words either." I let out a heavy sigh. "Alright, when are we supposed to get this done?" he leaned forward, placing his elbows on his thighs and laced his fingers together. "Tomorrow night, we leave as soon as it gets dark." I sucked in a breath and nodded slowly. "Aye, meet here then?" "I'll already be here. We're housemates until Chibs gets you set up and my house is finished." he remarked with a malicious smile.

"Alright boy, lets get this straight, I'm not here to be eye candy for everyone. I can take care of myself, I've been doing it for years. I'm not so easily swayed by blue eyed mama's boys, with pretty smiles and charming words. I'll go along with this, only because it's what I agreed to do, alright?" He quickly stood up, his neck red with anger. "You don't even know me." I stood up as well, facing off with him. "I don't? So, I don't know that your ex-wife Wendy Case is a junky who had your son 10 weeks early. You have a genetic heart disorder or as your mother calls it "the family flaw". Tara Knowles, your old high school sweetheart who skipped town when you were 19, trying to run from this small town and the influence the club has on it. Broke your heart, and now she's back. You carry a USMC KA-BAR at all times at your waist, it was your father's, John Teller. You're skilled in Jujitsu, and Taekwondo. Would you like to know anything else, Mr. Teller?" I finished, my face now inches from his. He smirked and raised an eyebrow. "You're good, Telford. Very good." he stated as he made his way to the door. "See you in the morning, Alice." he said as he opened the door. "Boy, one last thing." I called. He turned and faced me with a look of indifference. "Yeah?" "You should really cut that hair, you look like a damn hippie." I teased with a grin. He returned the smile and shut the door behind him as he left.