Chapter Twelve:

Alice's POV:

Fiona and I stood outside the door, staring at each other. "Are we just going to stand here and glare at each other, lass?" I cocked an eyebrow. "No, walk with me." we started walking slowly, side by side. "Who are you, and what are you doing with my husband?" despite everything I knew about her and Jimmy O', I said nothing. "Well?" I opened the door to the courtyard, gesturing for her to go ahead of me. I shut the door behind us, and went and took a seat on a bench under one of the trees. She stood in front of me, her arms crossed. "You should probably sit down." "No, I'll stand." "Please, sit down." she loosened up a little, and took the seat next to me.

"Are you going to tell me who you are?" I pulled out a cigarette, and lit it up. "I'm not what you think I am." "So, you're not my husband's whore then?" After a long drag from my cigarette, I let out a sigh. "You've got it all wrong, Fiona. My name is Alice, Chibs' daughter from Scotland." her mouth dropped open, her eyes wide. "But...Filip, he said you died, with your mum in that car crash. This isn't possible...Is-is she alive too?" "No, she's not. That part was true. The only reason I'm alive is because of dad's skill with a gun. The British SAF had me for 13 years. It took me a while to track him down, but it all led me back here." "So, you knew about me and my daughter?" nodding, I replied, "Aye, I did." "Why didn't you find me, or contact me?" "I wasn't going to put this burden on you. But, I never expected to have to tell you myself." her demeanor towards me completely changed. "I-I'm so sorry I was so rude to you, Alice. It's just an automatic defense that's built up over the years. I'm sorry." I hesitated, but gently set my hand over hers. "Don't be sorry, I get it." she smiled, and we talked for another half hour.

As we were walking back inside, we crossed paths with Gemma. Both she and Fiona stopped in their tracks. "Fiona, what are you doing here?" "I came to take care of my husband." "So, he's your husband now?" "I don't have to deal with this from you, Gemma. Goodbye, Alice." we watched as Fiona walked away. "There are only three women I'm afraid of: my mother, my third-grade math teacher, and that Irish bitch." "So, I take it you know her then?" "What's she doing here?" she questioned, crossing her arms. "She wouldn't tell me. But, if she's here-" "Jimmy O's not far behind." "You know about him, aye?" she gestured her head to the side, motioning for us to walk. "We all do. He's going to try to use her against Chibs somehow. She cannot be left alone with him. We're going to need someone here at all times." I nodded. "I know, I'll stay here with him." "You can't be here the whole time Alice, I'll talk to Clay, we'll do shifts with the guys, or have Tara keep her out."