Chapter Eleven:

Alice's POV:

"Ms. Telford?" I jumped up at the sound of my name. "Aye, that's me." "You can go in and sit with your father." I grabbed my things and followed the nurse. "Stay as long as you want sweetheart, we set a few blankets and pillows out for you." she informed me with a smile. "Thank you, ma'am." She smiled, nodded, and left, shutting the door behind her. I went to my da's bedside and took his hand into my own, kissing the back of it. A tear rolled down my cheek, seeing him like this was heartbreaking. I pulled up a chair and prepared myself for a long couple days.

Shortly after I sat down, there was a knock at the door, it was the nurse. "Gemma Morrow is here to see you, I thought I'd double check to see if it was ok to bring her in." "Aye, she can come in." she escorted Gemma in, then took her leave. I remained in my seat, still holding da's hand. I felt her hand rest on my shoulder. "Hows he doing, hunny?" "Alright, they just let me come in no more than 20 minutes ago. Tara told me it could be a few days till he comes to." She pulled up another chair next to mine. "How was Tara this morning?" I chuckled. "I greeted her with a smile, took her by surprise. But, other than that, she was professional." I turned my eyes to look at her smirk. "You're one smart girl, getting in her head, I like you more and more every day." she stated with a laugh. "I'm not getting into anyone's head, just trying to keep the peace." "Right." she replied, patting my arm.

"Now, what did you want to talk to me about?" "You know what I want to talk about, Gemma." "Alice-" "No, Gemma, we have to talk about it. They did this because you didn't tell Clay or Jax about what they did to you." I said quietly. "You blaming me for what happened to your father? That's what this is about?" "No, that's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm trying to tell you is, I think it's time you tell them. They need to know why this happened." she let her breath out, and began to pick at her purse. "I-I can't yet, Alice. I can't tell them." I leaned forward, taking her hand. "Gemma, if you don't tell them, they could do something rash, and go to prison. Clay and Jax get further and further apart every day, making both of them lash out, making dumb decisions." Gemma shook her head. "I can't do it yet, Alice. I can't." I slumped back in my chair, rubbing my eyes. "I guess when it gets bad, you'll be the one to make that decision, I can't make you." I told her, as I rested my chin in my left hand. "Damn right. This would just make everything worse." "And you don't want anyone to know..." she shot daggers at me. "No, I don't." I took her hand again. "Gemma, it's alright, I understand. You'll tell them when you're ready." her features softened. "I don't know if I'll ever be ready. I don't even want my own husband to touch me. We've been fighting about it for weeks now, you saw what happened the other day at the club, he broke my God damn window. I can't get past it, Alice. I want to, I really do." her tears were just as startling now as it was the day it happened. "It's alright, Gemma. We don't have to talk about it anymore." nodding, she continued to hold my hand. She smiled at me, a genuine smile. She sat with me and da the rest of the night.

A few days later...

"Alice?" I heard da calling my name, I threw the blanket I had to the floor. "Da, I'm here." my eyes tearing up as I took his hand. "Ugh, my head. It feels like I got blown up." he commented with a chuckle. I felt a tear slide down my face, and fall on to the back of my hand. "Don't cry girl, I'm okay. I was only fooling." I laughed, and wiped my face. "It's not that da, I'm just glad your okay. I don't know what I would have done if-" his fingers touched my cheek softly. "But it didn't, I'm still right here, ok?" I nodded and gave a small smile. "How long have I been out, and how long have you been here?" "About 3 days, and also about 3 days." "You've been here for 3 days, lass?" "Aye, I have. I wanted to be here when you woke up. I wasn't leaving you here, da." patting my hand, he smiled. "You're a good girl, Alice. I love you." "And I you."

Just then the door swung open, an African American woman walked in. Da quickly turned to see who it was, his face tightening. "Hello, Filip." I watched his mouth gape open in shock. "Fi, what are you doing here?" "I heard about what happened. I came to make sure you were alright." "I'm fine. You came all the way from Ireland, just for that?" he questioned, sitting up. She only nodded in response, then looked over at me. "Who is she?" "Oh God, Fi, can we not do this now?" her eyes squinted, her mouth forming a thin line as she looked me up and down. "Let me handle this." I suggested, standing up and grabbing my jacket. "Come outside with me, Fiona. We have a lot to talk about."