Chapter Twenty-Two:

Jax's POV:

As I sped away from Alice's house, I realized I couldn't go back home. I wouldn't be able to without Tara asking where I had been, what I'd been doing and who I was with. I wasn't in the mood to do that with her right now. So, I drove back to the club to stay in my old room for the night. After I got there, I wandered back to where my room was. It was exactly how I had left it, a mess. My eyes wandered around it slowly, remembering the last time I was in there was when Alice and I first kissed. She had told me how she felt about me and I her. She made me say things I'd never say to any other woman, I couldn't quite understand it. I fell back onto my bed, letting out a loud sigh. Shit was just way too complicated for my liking.

Alice's POV:

That next morning around the table...

As we all sat there, waiting for Clay and Tig, I forced myself not to look at Jax, no matter how badly I wanted to. I was doing everything I possibly could not to look at him. Of course, he wasn't. He just sat there, staring at me the entire time. I just wished whatever it was that was burning so strongly between us, would quickly die out. It was driving us both completely mad. Finally, Clay and Tig came in and sat down. Jax and Clay told everyone what Gemma had told us last night, and that Jax wasn't going Nomad after all. Everyone was pissed, all they wanted to do was go out and kill every one of them right now. But, Clay and Jax said no, they needed guns and ammo first. "Everyone needs to go home and bring what you have back. This is about to get ugly and we need to be ready." Jax told everyone before he went to stand up. Everyone agreed not to strike, then left to go home and get their guns.

I sat out on the picnic table, smoking a cigarette when Jax came up and sat next to me. He lit up his own and we sat in silence. We both watched as everyone filed out and went to their bikes. Piney was the last out and stopped to talk to us. "I'm glad you decided to stick around, son. We need you here." Jax smiled at him with a nod. We watched as he slowly walked away and left with everyone else. Soon, it was just Jax and I. I let out a sigh. "What is it, boy?" I finally asked. "We're going to pretend this never happened, aren't we?" he questioned, his eyes straight forward. "Aye, just like last time. It never happened and it'll never happen again. No matter how badly we want it to, Jax." I replied softly. "Ok, Alice." I glanced over at him, sceptical, but continued to puff on my cigarette. He stood up, flicking away his and said, "Go get every gun you own, which I know is shit ton and get back here. I'm ordering everyone in for lockdown, it's not going to be safe for anyone soon. Can you do that for me?" "Aye, I can, Jax." he took one last backwards glance at me and went on his way. After he had gone, I sat there a bit longer by myself, pondering everything that had been leading up to what was about to go down. Pushing everything cramping my mind aside, I gathered my wits, got on my bike and sped home to gather my guns. The next few days would be the days none of us would ever forget.