Blank Canvas

Kaylee 💤

I rolled over and opened my eyes feeling the warm heat hit me instantly, I was hot and sweaty. I stood up and walked over to the window cracking it, when I started to feel some of that cool may weather wrap around my legs. I walked over to my nightstand snatched my phone off the charger and continued to the bathroom.

The time showed 6:16 am on my phone screen I pulled down my notification bar and saw I had just missed a call from my realtor. Shit who the fuck calls somebody this early I thought. I also seen that I had a text from my mom I clicked on her message and read over our thread, to anybody else this would've been weird as fuck she would just sporadically text me then when I text her back I would never get a text until the next time she would want to text me again.

I stared at the new message for a couple of minutes before exiting the thread "no sense in responding if I know she not going to respond" I said

"Crazy how you can just abandon your only kid for some money but it's alright she living her life now I have to live mine." I continued to think out loud. I clicked on the person who called me last and listened to the dial tone.

"Dreams to reality realtors office,this is Monica how can I help you today?" My realtor spoke smoothly into the phone.

"Hey Monica, this is Kaylee Burgos I just missed a call from you" I said trying to match her professionalism.

"Oh hey love, yes I got a hit on an apartment that will let you sign and have the key in your hand by tonight but it'll be a little extra over the budget" She said typing a little too loud in the background.

"How much extra?" I questioned trying to sound serious but cheesing hard as hell.

"Uh lets see, the original budget was nineteen hundred but this particular apartment is twenty-one fifty which is about two-fifty over the budget. Now, I mean I can keep searching but this one is your exact match it's even in East Harlem" She persuaded. Money not the real issue but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

"Okay when is the showing?" I questioned.

"Eight forty-five so just about two hours and some change." She said. I tapped my home button 6:30 am.

"Okay see you then" We said our goodbyes then hung up. I started the shower water then pulled out the makeup items for today's look. I pulled out my favorite Fashion Nova olive Eva dress and paired it with their nude lost it all heels.

I tried walking around my room with the heels on to break them in before I bust my ass outside. My phone dinged signaling my dad texted me back letting me know he was up and ready. I hooked my three day old bantu knot curls up and checked in the mirror one last time. Knowing it was going to be chilly outside I grabbed my Franchesca fur jacket- Yes I know I was being extra. I grabbed my purse and made sure I had the necessary ids, paperwork and my flats before I stepped out the door. I texted my dad that I was on my way and headed to his house.