The Calm before The Storm

Kilo 💆‍♂️

The smell of breakfast being cooked invaded my senses and woke me up. I pushed the cover off of me and propped myself up on my elbows. I was on the air mattress in Veronica's living room yet again but Kaylee nor Kayden was nowhere near. Rolling over and standing up, I followed the smell to the kitchen. Veronica and Kaylee were in matching onesies doing more dancing than cooking over the stove.

"That music mad loud, I'm surprised you ain't wake nobody up because I know I was knocked," I said watching them jump at the sound of my voice. Kaylee walked over to me to kiss me then returned to her spot over the stove.

"Goodmorning baby your toothbrush is in the bag but we about to eat in like five minutes so you could probably wait," she said scrambling the eggs. I nodded my head making my way to the guest bathroom peeping in the twins room along the way.

After handling my business in the bathroom I walked back in the living just in time for them to set the food down. Kaylee and Veronica disappeared into the back for a moment then returned with the babies. I reached for Kayden but Kaylee declined and told me to eat, I sat in awe watching them take care of the babies, they made that shit look easy.

Tory waved his hand in my way as he scooped the last of the grits then put his plate on top of mine before I went throw the trash. I stood over the couch and grabbed Kayden from Kaylee before rocking him side to side.

"Where his clothes, cause this is dirty," I said referring to his stained onesie. She put down her bottle and picked up her plate.

"Look in his bag, but give him a wipe down first," Kaylee said with a mouth full of sausage. I handed Kayden off and looked in the bag. I looked through both of the bags we brought and seen clothes for none of us.

"No clothes in here bih," I said turning around. She wasn't facing me but I could tell she rolled her eyes before she walked over checking for herself. She looked through the bags and shrugged her shoulders.

"Its probably in the car," Veronica said

"Nah I made sure I grabbed all the bags before we walked into the building" I huffed, all I wanted to do was go to Moorestown to see my mom without doing all the extra.

"I thought I put it in the car but all we have to do is go home after breakfast it's not that big of a deal," she said walking back over to her food.

While the girls were finishing their meals Tory and I were cleaning up the kitchen and made a couple bottles for the twins later. I deflated the bed and put it back in the storage container and the closet then changed Kayden diaper, when we go his next doctor's I'm going to make sure to ask them if he lactose intolerant because this similac goes straight through him.

Once Kaylee was done eating she started walking around grabbing our stuff and throwing it in the bag. Since it was the end of September weather and was still on the warmer side we didn't need all that over Kayden. We changed the baby cover to a thicker material then zipped it up once we put Kayden in the car seat. We said our goodbye's then walked out the door.

"I hope he doesn't burn the hell up under this thing," she said getting in the backseat and closing her door.

"I mean I didn't want to put the other cover on with no blanket and he gets sick or something but he chilling right now so I don't think its a problem," I said pulling off.

When we entered the lobby the bellhop told us that our packages had arrived and had been moved up into the apartment, we thanked him and rolled up to our floor. When we stepped in the boxes were neatly put in the hallway waiting to be opened. Kaylee went to go put Kayden on the bed while I put the bags down and grabbed a knife. I found the box that held the Chicco Keyfit 30 zip car sear first and pulled that out, the box next to it had the Chicco Bravo stroller so I knew I needed to pull that out next. I was working on trying to put the car seat in the stroller when Kaylee walked passed me.