Heavy hearts

Kaylee ★

"Your mother left the company months ago" She said looking me in my eyes.

"What do you mean" I asked calmly.

"I mean you're mother left this company at least six months ago" I stood there for a moment with a blank stare. I didn't know what to think but at the same time I had a million thoughts in my head. I needed to exit this building before shit went left. I turned on my heels and wiped my tears as I walked out the door.

I wanted to scream but I knew better. I felt so stupid. How could this be true, my mother was missing. I threw my head back and rubbed my temples. I was stressed the fuck out.

I walked up to the front door and I knocked twice before letting myself in. Usually I would wait until somebody actually opened it but my nerves were too fucked.

I opened the door to my dad's office and stopped. Leilani was standing by my dad crying. She mugged me the whole time until she brushed my shoulder when she walked out. It was fine with me I didn't need the extra stress. I closed the door and turned around.

"Hmph, hey kid" He said finally acknowledging me.

"Hey dad. We have to talk" I said slowly. I had to stop myself from bawling.

"Yeah i'm glad you said something about having a talk Kaylee Marie. Cause' the shit the shit I just heard not sitting well with me" He said rubbing his temples. I blew a sigh of relief before letting my tears fall. He knew too.

"Sit down" I plopped down and got comfortable in the lazy boy.

"So what you been up to"

"What you mean? I have to say is more important than what I have been up too" I said rolling my eyes.

"Nah Kaylee, I think fucking around with your sister's boyfriend is a great topic of discussion" He said staring me dead in my face.

"What sister boyfriend? what the hell" I said knitting my eyebrows together. I almost wanted to laugh because I just knew he wasn't talking about Kilo.

"Leilani came storming in here talking about she seen you and her dude walking around harlem buddy fucking buddy. Now mamas, you know I'm you're number one fan. But this some foul shit, i'm not fucking with this" He said lighting a blunt.

"First of all dad, I don't have a sister" I said giving much attitude, he had me fucked up.

"Kaylee cut the bullshit. Who the fuck do you have in my house" He said

"Your house? So that's what we doing? Alright that's fine. I'll have my shit out of your house" I said putting air quotes around your house.

"You let a crooked ass dope boy get in your head and now you wanna act like you bad. Little girl I'll show you fucking bad" He said swiftly getting up and snatching me by my arm.

"Nigga, that crooked ass dope boy is my bestfriend, the fuck. Its not my fault nor my business he got her pregnant and believe it or not they aren't together love" I said snatching my arm back. I couldn't believe he had me this fucked up. "And to think you were the first person I knew to call you out of all people to tell you that my mother is fucking missing but all you wanna do is try to chastise me over that delusional girl and be delusional ass drama. Do what you gotta do to find my mama" I said slamming the door behind me.

"And by the way that crooked ass dope boy is the exact replica of you not too long ago. Humble yourself" I yelled slamming the front door.

I was infuriated. All I want to do was understand what the fuck was going on and my own father was on that funny acting shit. Who gives a fuck about Leilani. I pressed a button on my radio and turned it all the way up. I needed all the gospel music I could get as I made my way to my next destination.