Meeting with my darkest side...

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!" I screamed at the man in front of me. His eyes the lightest shade of green I had ever seen.

"Excuse me miss but sooner or later I told we would meet. But you never believed me!" the man laughed at the top of his lungs making shiver in fear.

"But why? What did I ever do to you!" I screamed again and turned my face away from his death-glare. The area surrounding us was breath-taking. Tall trees with enormous brunches covered the night sky and the light was nowhere to be found. No moon for me tonight.

I found myself trapped and tied down on a tree's base as the man approached me.

"I won't do anything to you today love. We will be having our first meeting sweetheart and I promise you it will be a lot more than you expected." he laughed evilly and cut the ropes that held me in place.

"Why are you here sir? Why have you been doing this all those years?" I cried out in frustration.

"Sooner or later little girl, you'll find out on your own. For now I will remain just in your dreams, but I won't promise you anything about tomorrow. When you open those pretty green eyes of yours your world would be different." And with that he left. He left me alone screaming in my sleep.

"ABBY!" someone called out. Wai a sec. That wasn't my voice.

"ABBY WAKE UP NOW!" a female voice echoed in my eardrums. Suddently something soft hit me right in the face, it smelled lavender and white rose. I smiled at myself as I saw the moon "Get up! We are going to be late! If you do wake up right now, I am sooo going to kill you!" Marian exclaimed.

 "Stop screaming! I just woke up..." I said and threw my quilt away. Rubbed my eyes with one hand and with the other I looked at my cell phone, incredulously. "What? This cannot be happening!' a voice in my head screamed. 

"Abby we are late and you are still in pajamas. I don't think you want to show up at school in this mess! You will make a total fool of yourself and of course me!" 

'God! This is not happening..."'the same voice whispered. I whimpered, placing my hands over my eyes as a sign of desperation. 

"This is sooo not happening." I looked at the girl beside me, waiting for a confirmation on what I already knew: it was our first day at high school after summer vacation and I was pretty much getting scared and nervous over it. I had absolutely no idea of what to wear, how to act. I just didn't want to go to school. 

We were graduating and this was our senior year. Me and my sister, Marian have been at the same school, same desk, same programs since my first memories. However, she was already eighteen and used to brag about that all the time. I loved her with all my heart since she was the only friend I had. And most times, she was the only one treating me like family. We were on our own, supporting ones back when needed. 

Our mother, Alice, died shortly after my tenth  birthday. On April 2004 a few days after my birthday, a car hit her. Right in front of my eyes. She died in the ambulance just before we got to the hospital's gate. Since then we have learnt to live on our own.  My sister, my father, Arthur, or Ross and I.

My father is a lawyer. Indeed trans one. As for the payment? He recives a great deal of money.  Maybe he could feed more than four families. So we had a luxurious life. But for me the money my father makes, has never been enough to fulfill the emptiness I feel. Always away from home and personally I feel that the day we lost my mother we lost Ross as well. Since then he works way too many hours. At least he does not drink anymore. As for me and my sister? 

 We have our own room. With double bed, desk and laptop, library, bathroom, huge wardrobe and bedside tables of course, as it is natural we decorate our own space depending on how each of us wants.