Unknown man...

~“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”~

Mark Twain

‘What is this?’ I whispered inside Andrew’s mind through our powerful connection and gazed around. There was a thick black layer of smoke above us and the whole restaurant was slowly but steadily being burnt to the ground as I watched my friends fighting against hundreds of pale white, blood-sucking vampires, disgusting and ugly looking creatures made of a black, emetic slime with millions of little teeth plastered on an area where it was supposed to be their head. Albeit their whole face was covered in teeth and I watched in disgust and pain as the huge thing completely swallowed an elf.

Someone with a huge black sword in his hands attacked the black slime cutting it in half and the elf that was swallowed a few moments later exited the creature with disgust in his eyes. He leaned in and threw up the insides of his stomach cursing under his breath.

“Dude next time cut it in half. I won’t be there to save you!” The man with the sword mocked and run away attacking a huge red-haired wolf. There was no way I could have ever imagined how a battle could be. Vampires, wolves and other disgusting creatures attacked our team and Andrew informed me that the ones that weren’t in our team would have red, white or completely black eyes. I noticed a couple of vampires with their pupils red as blood and a few wolves that their pupils had joined the white around them in a jet-black symphony.

‘But how can that be? Why do they have different eye-color than our people?’ I questioned Andrew who at that moment rushed forward into the battle. He reached Lucia, whispered something at her and she quickly changed forms letting her wolf lead her as she jumped on a vampire sinking her huge white teeth in his neck’s flesh. The sight of her wolf was magical. She was enormous with two grey eyes and golden-colored fur.

Lucia swayed her head from side to side as I’ve seen my dog Rocky do a couple of times when he was playing with his toys and immediately the vampires head was thrown a few feet away crushing on the ground. Without a second thought I copied Andrew’s powers and set the dead body on fire smiling evilly.

‘Nice move.’ Lucia entered my head whispering softly. I winked back at her and entered her mind while attacking a blood-sucking leech that dared to raise his gaze on me.

‘Where are the rest of us? This place is insane! And we are like thirty people here. We are out-numbered!’ I yelled in our mental conversation so that anyone could hear me.

‘They couldn’t make it we weren’t expecting and attack and most of them are out of town. I don’t know what’s going on Abbs but I am scared!’ Her wolf growled in my mind. Without answering back I motioned my whip towards the vampire and it dug a hole in his heart and as the whip pulled backwards landing close to my feet. The paralyzed vampire dropped on the floor with his body making a thunderous sound. I heard bones cracking as I saw his eyes turned pail white and without losing any time I blinked once and his body caught on fire.

‘Behind you!’ Paul whispered in my mind. I found myself lucky enough to be able to crouch on time and avoid its attack. A thin stiletto knife entered my vision and the next thing I knew one single curl escaped my hair and slowly landed in front of me. Everything turned into slow motion as I felt my run heat up, clenching my jaw and forming fists with my hands I glared at the vampire.

‘No he didn’t!’ a few girls from our group exclaimed.

I giggled like a small cute girl while grabbing a thin but powerful stiletto knife from my boots and slowly made my way to an upward, straight-standing position. Turning around I stared into the vampire’s red eyes and my evil smile blossomed into a sarcastic grin as I felt my whip wrap around my arm taking its bracelet form.