Close to an end...

~“Right or wrong, it's very pleasant to break something from time to time.”~

Fyodor Dostoyevsky

After a little while we left the clinic and returned home to find myself caught off guard as I noticed the dead body was missing and everything was cleaned up and set back into place.

“Where did he go?”I smiled sadly at a heavily drugged Andrew.

“Guys cleaned up.” He smiled back while yawning. I sat down on the couch next to him and kissed his cheek playfully.

“Should I make something for us to eat?” a kind smile spread across my face.

“No.” Andrew’s soft smile blossomed into a cocky smirk as he blinked one time and two grand pizzas landed on the living room’s table. A huge knob took its formed on my throat and I tried hard to swallow the pained and disgusted grimace that took over my face. But it was pointless. Each and every thought that I once buried deep inside came spilling out right in front of me.

“Andrew we can’t keep on together.” I stated trying to avoid his pained expression and questioning look.

“What? What do you mean?” his fingers wrapped gently around my biceps, lips hovering an inch over mine as he stared down into my green eyes.

“I am a mortal now.” I trembled in fear. “Don’t you think this…our relationship would be weird?”

“The only weird thing is you wanting to end it with me. I wanted you when I didn’t even know that we had a connection. I promised I would do anything to bring your powers back and I swear it…you’ll get them back.” He firmly stated, pushing himself even closer.

Next morning I called my sister, check how she was.

“Marian?” I said sweetly.

‘Oh baby girl how are you?” she said in excitement.

“I am fine thanks. How’s the vacation going?” I smiled at the phone knowing she couldn’t see me.

“Oh it’s amazing! We are staying at Helen’s and I have to say that this is the greatest vacation off them all. But Abby I gotta go Ramon is calling for me. It was really nice hearing from you little sis but I have to go now!” she whispered on the phone and hanged up.

In ten minutes I was ready wearing a pair of skinny jeans with a purple shirt and some black wedges, light make up on and my hair set on a messy bun. Without making any sound I cooked breakfast and knew that if I woke him up my plan would an epic fail.

And I didn’t want that.

The battle was really close, I could feel it under my skin and with certainty Andrew was bound to leave me behind. In any way, I wasn’t planning on letting this go so easily. I couldn’t let the love of my life go towards death on his own.

Shred a piece of a paper from a notebook I wrote down a simple lie and let it on the table next to his breakfast.

‘Am out taking a walk. Don’t know when I’ll be back. I love you.’ The note said.

I run at my car and thanked God I knew how to drive. I jumped inside and drove away as fast as possible. I tried to remember the address of the store I was looking for but it was nowhere to be found.

“I gotta do something.” I convinced myself and pulled the car off the streets parking it quickly. Taking out my phone I dialed a phone number and waited as the irritating beeping sound was interrupted.