Family business...

~A sword is never a killer…It’s a tool in the killer’s hands…~

“We should stop at the bank I need to get some money to pay for the stuff we are going to get. I can’t let you pay.” I shrugged as soon as I buckled up inside Andrew’s car.

“I don’t remember bringing up anything about paying.” He smiled casually.

“What? We aren’t going to steal them, are we?” I replied with my eyes wide open and my jaw clenched.

“No silly girl!” Andrew planted a light kiss on my lips and started the engine. The car growled out and headed off to an unknown direction, at least unknown to me.

“Oh…” I shrugged and turned the radio on singing at a song I recently listened to for the very first time and I need to admit that I sure loved it.

The sun was making its first appearance on the sky and the morning breeze hit my lungs violently creating a breath-taking sensation that conquered my whole being and send me flying above the universe in a journey I never ever imagine.

“Wake up!” Andrew yelled in my ear and pulled me down on the earth.

“Oh God I was day dreaming!” I laughed as I playfully punched his arm.

“We reached our destination Princess.” Andrew winked at me and opened the car’s door.

“Ugh… whatever…” I stormed out mentally keeping a note to punch him right in the face as soon as I could.

“I heard that.” He pinched my nose and grabbed my hand dragging me behind him.

After five minutes of Andrew dragging me behind him we reached a bookstore and entered it.

‘What kind of store is open at this time of the day?’  I wondered and followed Andrew.

The moment we entered the store I knew that I had been there before.

“Andrew this place reminds me of something.” Without realizing I wrapped my arms around his waist keeping his close for protection.

That place was creepy.

“Of course you’ve been here miss.” A man way too old appeared in front of me.

“But…” this place…this place was the bookstore Helen send me to get the books. This person in front of me was the old man that told me to be careful, that tried to keep me out of this world. But failed miserably.

“I see you know each other!” Andrew laughed.

“Dad!” he yelled and hugged the old man who was standing there with a sparkle in his eyes.

After hugging Andrew back, the old man stepped back and stared at me.

“Miss my name is Larry Carter and as you can tell I am Andrew’s father.” He smiled proud of his creation.

‘Andrew what the hell? Isn’t he a bit way too old to be your dad?’ I whispered inside Andrew’s head trying to figure out what was going on.

“Andrew.” His father stared at him. “I see you are connected.” He smiled proudly once again.

“But how can you know?” the familiar heat jumped on my cheeks making them red.

“Anyone could tell.” Andrew’s dad, Larry Carter winked at me.

“So…what could I do to help you?” the old man smiled. “Wait a second.” He brought his hand upwards and clapped his hands twice.