Connected...

“What? Abby, are you sure? Things like that, just don’t happen! Maybe you think he is the guy from your dreams, I am pretty sure he is not. Come on think about it : people from dreams, don’t exist. So as a conclusion, they cannot show up, all flesh and bones…Come on now, they are about to introduce us, our new teachers.” She smiled reassuringly.

“What? This can’t happen. They never introduce us to the new teachers. Why now? Why this year?” I looked at her, full of fear, I could not calm down. Not at the very moment, when HE was around me. When the same guy, that appeared in my dreams, every single day, for so many years after my mother’s death, was standing right in front of me, in all of his grace. I could only think of these eyes… for a moment, I thought he was looking at me. I turned to face him. “He is looking at you…No he is not…Yes, he is sooo looking at me. Why on earth is he staring? What the f*** is happening?” a voice in my head kept screaming. He was definitely looking at me, it felt like he could see, right into my soul, my whole existence.

“Abby…my sweet little girl, come on, calm down. You are scaring the cr** out of me. Please, I am begging you, lets just go upstairs. We shall be with our friends, come on girl. This year, Nathan has the same program with us. Come on, just behave yourself, calm down, relax baby girl. It’ll be fun!” I tried to pretend I was okay…and as far as I am concerned, it definitely worked out fine.

“Okay, okay. Let’s go!” Nathan? Now that you mentioned him, I forgot to tell you. He bought me this.” I showed her my beautiful necklace.

“Hey hey hey…I thought you just forgave him! Not that there is something between you two!” she winked at me smiling, that small smile that had showed me, she was having inappropriate thoughts considering me and Nathan.

“Holy mother of god! Marian! Leave me alone! Get your bu** upstairs and hush! I stuck my tongue out at her mockingly and pulled her to our first lesson’s classroom. We were reaching the classroom, when Andrew caught up with us.

“Hey Andrew!” my sister singed happily. “How are you? What is your program for this year? You think you will have the same as ours?” she continued with her happy tone. Which made me reach my limits even faster.

“I hope not!” I said curtly, under my breath. Andrew turned to face me, frowned, grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer.

“What’s wrong with you, kiddo?” he came closer and I had to back down. But then, I hit the wall, “No escape baby girl…”  I whispered to myself. He was way too close, so close that I could feel hit hot breath brushing my face.

“There is nothing wrong with me…But I cannot say the same for you. You hit on every female that is moving…without even caring how you make your friends look like. You make a fool of yourself, of our friend. And for god sake, of me! Boy, who do you think you are?” Things kept escaping my mouth. Again and again. “You are so stupid girl…don’t speak again, ok?” I thought.

“There is nothing wrong with you, baby girl. You are just a bit dummy.” Andrew answered at my thoughts. “Did he just comment on my thoughts? He can hear me?”  I thought again.

“What?” I expected him to let me know what was going on.

“Nothing baby girl. You asked and I answered.” He winked at me. I didn’t remember saying those things out loud. Whatever.

“Calm down little one…” he smiled his sweet little smile. “And, I don’t hit on everyone I see. I only flirt with girls that I like. Sorry me, but I am a single boy. Why shouldn’t I mess around with every little girl, like you, that I like? And actually, what do you care?”

“What did you just say? What do I care? I, mister, care because…ehm…because…” I hesitated.

“Yes?” he brought himself closer.