This can't be happening...

~He who wants to do good knocks at the gate: he who loves finds the door open…~

~Rabrindranath Tagore

Pulling away from his kiss I held my breath for a second before letting myself relax and as I did I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Letting go I stood on my feet and smiled kindly at him.

“Where are you going babe?” Andrew question in a casual tone.

“Bathroom!” I smiled again and walked away. Slamming the door shut I rested my back against it and slowly let myself slide on the floor. Mechanically, I brought my knees to my chest and hugged them tightly as I felt the tears that I’ve been holding back, well up my eyes.

Wet drops flooded my face, right through my cheekbones and slid down my neck bringing a slight shiver on my being. Squeezing my eyes shut I tried to comfort myself and hide my feelings of pain and betrayal. A headache approached as an enemy would and hit me hard catching me off guard.

I cried for my lost self and my misery till I couldn’t take it any long. I pushed myself on my feet and glared at my reflection on the mirror.

I knew that with the option of being good, came the price of vulnerability. And it was something I couldn’t really take. My face was swollen, my green eyes and lips were puffy and red from crying.

“Babe everything okay?” Andrew called from the living room.

“Yeah I’ll just take a shower.” I answered without thinking. Sighing hard I took off my clothes and jumped in the shower. The images of Eric flooded my vision and thoughts and before I knew I was blocking Andrew out of my head. He shouldn’t know what I felt.

Squeezing my eyes shut once again I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks. With every passing second my hatred for Eric grew wilder, stronger…more dangerous. I was blinded and I needed revenge for the lies he spit out on me so easily, for daring to break my connection with Andrew. Andrew…whom I loved more than anything.

My hands formed to fists and I couldn’t restrain so I punched the wall with all I had feeling the familiar sensation of pure pain shudder my whole being. I swore to myself that Eric would end up dead by my own hands. I swore that next time I laid eyes on him, it would be on his dead body.

“It’s either me or him!” I cried out in pain.

“Abbs did you call for me?” Andrew’s harsh voice filled my ears.

“No baby!” I trembled at the thought of him hearing my thoughts. The warm water running down my spine cleared my mind and gave me the choice to relax. Without thinking I grabbed the opportunity and let myself go. The water embracing my naked body reminded me of Andrew and his arms around me, making me smiled sweetly.

I loved him. And I knew he was everything to me for the very first time I laid eyes on him. Despite our fights at school and the poisonous words we exchange he was the right man for me.

The key on the door turned and I heard footsteps on the bathroom’s floor. Something dropped on the floor and I felt arms wrap around me keeping me safe and sound.

“When are you going to stop using my powers?” I whined at my lover, at my boyfriend, at my roommate.

“Never my love.” Andrew kissed the side of my neck and held me tighter.

“What are you doing here?” I whined as I felt him resting his jaw on my shoulder.

“You see…I can still hear you when you try to block me. Well it’s a bit painful cause when you think you block you actually open up more. And I can’t feel what you do, see what you do. It’s like I am you when you ‘block’ me.” He shrugged casually. I widened my eyes and I felt a stinging coldness bounce off my cheeks. I mentally thanked my luck that he wasn’t able to see my expression.