Ch. 4 - So Are We... A Thing??

*Luke's P.O.V*

"You two have been acting weird today" Ashton tells Michael and I as the four of us gather around the kitchen bench to try and figure out what to eat for lunch.

"How?" We both ask at the same time.

"Well you keep disappearing together... And then if we walk in on you both, you jump and go all awkward... It's like the two of you are-" Ashton tells us before Calum cuts him off.

"That's enough Ashton! If there is something going on between them then obviously there is a reason they are trying to hide it from us... So just leave them be" Calum defends us.

I glance over at Michael who was already staring at me, unsure of what to say or do.

"But they are-" Ashton begins to argue.

"ASHTON, JUST SHUT UP!" Calum shouts in anger, slamming his fist onto the top of the kitchen bench. Ashton flinches and goes quiet.

"Calum, it's okay" Michael tells him as Calum turns to face him.

"Ashton?" I say, taking a few steps forward so I was beside him. A few tears slip from his eyes. Calum spins back around to face us.

"Ashton.. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't of yelled at you" Calum apologises as he moves closer to Ashton and I, his voice so much softer than before. Ashton moves away from Calum and hides behind me. Calum pauses, looking hurt.

"Ash" I say quietly as I turn to face him. He looks up at me, more tears slipping from his eyes. I wipe his tears away with my thumbs before wrapping my arms around him to hug him.

I know Ashton isn't that upset by Calum yelling at him, it's just... you know when someone is yelling at you and you feel yourself starting to cry? That's all it is.

"I'm sorry" Calum apologises softly.

"It's okay" Ashton sniffles.

"Come here" Calum says as he begins to pull us apart. Ashton lets go of me so I do the same, he slips into Calum's arms and nuzzles his face into his neck. Calum holds onto Ashton as tight as he can without hurting him.

"Uh.. I'm not hungry, I think I'll just go lay down for a bit" I say, breaking the silence. Ashton and Calum pull away from each other to look at me.

"Yes, you are hungry" Michael says, glaring at me.

"No I'm n-" I begin to argue.

"You are! you only ate one slice of toast with Vegemite for breakfast so you are eating lunch" he tells me.

"Michael" I whine.

"Fine, go lay down! I will bring you some food" He tells me.

"Thanks" I sigh as I walk back towards my room.

*Michael's P.O.V*

"Why didn't you just force him to eat out here?" Calum asks once Luke disappears into his room.

"Because I know how much he hates eating in front of people, I want him to get better, forcing him to eat out here won't help" I tell him as I walk over to the fridge and open it.

"Good point" Ashton mumbles whilst rubbing his eyes.

I grab a few things out of the fridge and carry them over to the bench. I grab two plates out of the cupboard and start making lunch for Luke and I.

Once I finish making our lunch I smile at my work, a sandwich each, both with ham, cheese, lettuce and tomato. I frown when I realise I forgot I cut them in half before grabbing the knife Calum had just used to cut his sandwich with and cut mine and Luke's. I smile again before picking both plates up and walking towards Luke's room.