Ch. 13 - Dinner Dates

*Calum's P.O.V*

I sit calmly at the restaurant table across from Ashton as I watch him writing a message in a notebook for two fans that had interrupted us moments earlier, he smiled cheerfully as they giggled into their hands.

I unintentionally stare at all of multi-coloured wristbands Ashton was wearing, as it was far too hot, here in Sydney, for the jacket he had repeatedly been wearing for the past few days in London.

"You've started wearing bracelets again" one of the girls points out, as she pulls a few strands of her bleached blonde hair out of her face. Ashton hesitates slightly before speaking.

"Yeah.. I thought they would look better on my wrists than hidden in the bottom of my suitcase" Ashton laughs. The girls giggle. He hands the notebook and pen back to the red haired girl, who, while thanking him, holds them out to me.

"Can I give you something, Ash?" The blonde haired girl asks as I set the notebook on the table in front of me.

"If you want" Ashton replies. The girl then begins taking off one of her many wristbands.

I quickly start scribbling a little message down on the page, right underneath Ashton's message, that he had signed off with his signature and a little smily face.

"It's one of my favourites, but I want you to have it" she says as she hands Ashton a wristband, as he takes it from her, I notice a familiar band name on the side of it, it's a Sleeping With Sirens wristband.

"Wrists are for bracelets not for cutting" Ashton said, reading the writing on the wristband out loud, slightly getting choked up on the words 'not for cutting'. I look up at him slightly as I scribble my signature at the bottom of my message, followed by a smily face. "Thank you" Ashton says softly, unsure of what else to say.

"Wait, did we interrupt your date?" The red haired girl asks, pointing out the obvious.

"Date?" I laugh quietly, looking over at Ashton, who blushes.

"No not an actual date, I mean a- uh you were eating- I-" she stutters nervously while blushing.

"No it's okay, haha, you can say were on a date, I like the sound of that" I tell her, smirking at Ashton towards the end.

"You two would be a pretty cute couple, just saying" she tells us.

"You think?" Ashton asks curiously.

"I agree" the blonde haired girl admits. Ashton and I grin at each other. "We should leave you alone now" she adds.

"It was nice meeting you both" Ashton says, smiling at the girls.

"It was" I agree, smiling also.

"You too" the girls both say at the same time.

"Have a good night" the blonde haired girl says as she drags her friend back to their table across the room.

Ashton's smile instantly fades once the girls are out of sight, leaving him looking exhausted.

"Are you okay?" I ask worryingly. He just sighs, looking down at the food he had been picking at.

"I'm just so tired, Cal" he says quietly, looking up at me. His eyes normally shine, but right now, they look dull.

"Do you want to go home after we finish eating?" I ask. Ashton thinks for a moment.

" I know we only just got home today but... Do you think your family will mind if you stay with me tonight?" He asks hopefully.

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind... I'll send mum a text, okay?" I say, picking up my phone off the table. Ashton nods, taking a mouthful of his drink.