Ch. 15 - Bad Day?

*Calum's P.O.V*

*Flashback*

"I want to die, Calum, I can't take this anymore" Ashton sobs into my arms. We just got back from Michael's party and he's having a major breakdown. Michael and Luke are already asleep.

"N-no, you don't" I tell him, trying not to cry as well.

"I do, Calum, I'm so tired of all this pain" he cries, clinging to me as if his life depended on it.

"But I don't want to lose you, Ashton" I say, breaking out into tears. "I can't live without you" I add.

"Come with me then" he suggests.

"We can't- our fans, they will- we can't do that to them- what about Michael and Luke?" I stutter.

"I doubt they want us to be in pain" Ashton mumbles.

"Well yeah... But can't we just-" I say before going silent.

"Just what?" He asks.

"Get help?" I finish quietly. I never once thought I would hear myself say that... But Ashton, I just don't want him to leave.

"Help? Calum, you sound crazy!" Ashton snaps, I sigh in frustration. "I don't understand how it will help" he adds softly.

"Neither do I, Ash, but it's worth a shot, right?" I ask. "Please?" I beg softly. Ashton sighs.

"For you" he whispers, wiping his tears away. He watches me quietly as I do the same. "I'll be fine, I swear, I'm just gone beyond repair" he sings quietly.

"Is that a hint that you want to listen to Mayday Parade?" I ask cheekily. Ashton grins and nods.

I grab my phone off of the bedside table and unlock it. I scroll through the 'artists' section in my music until I reach the Mayday Parade folder, I click on it and hit shuffle.

Ashton quickly pulls alway from me, climbing off the bed before walking over to turn the light off.

Once he is snuggled up to me again, I lock my phone and sit it back down on the bedside table.

We both fall asleep slowly, the only sound filling the dark room being Mayday Parade.

"Calum, Ashton's car just pulled up" my sister, Mali-Koa, tells me, walking into my room without knocking. I sit up. "Are you okay?" She asks worried, noticing my tear stained face. I can not tell her how I feel, she will be heartbroken.

"I'm fine" I choke on my words as I pull myself out of bed. She gives me a worried look but decides to shake it off.

"Look, Cal, I'm always here for you if you need someone to talk to" she tells me.

"Thanks" I says quietly, nodding as I hear the doorbell ring.

"I'll send him in" she says as she walks out of my room. I quickly rub my face in attempt to erase any evidence of crying.

A few minutes later, Ashton appears in the doorway, looking down the hall to make sure nobody was around.

"Hey babe" he says quietly, closing the door behind him.

"Hey" I whisper as he walks closer to me.

"You've been crying" Ashton points out before pecking me on the lips. "Why?" He asks, linking our hands together by our sides.