Alive Still?

My brain was still thinking, taking in oxygen. But that meant that I was still breathing...how? I soon came to realize that more of my organs were working even though I thought it had all shut down. I felt my heartbeat come back, pulse running through my veins and my hands suddenly feeling again. I heard a sort of robotic voice speak.

-"CONSCIOUSNESS RESTORED." My ears barely managed to pick up.

     I grunted and groaned as I opened my eyes slowly, a light was flickering. Once my eyes focused again, I looked around and saw many x-rays of me, presumably. My heart was the focus of both the scans and my amazement. I saw a object resembling a bullet that had impacted just outside my heart. Wait, what? I got up out of the bed, my legs not really functional yet. Just as I was about to leave the room, a man dressed in a medics uniform came in.

-"Oh, Logan. You're awake." he said.

-"Doctor, what's happening to me? Explain those!" I said, pointing to the x-rays.

-"Yes...those. Your organs are...strange." he said.

-"What are you talking about?"

-"Listen, to put it short, your organs are completely frozen physically but function just fine biologically." 

-"How does that make sense?!"

-"It doesn't! Logan, we don't even know what's going on! Hell, I don't know how you're even alive right now! Something's up with you Logan! Something inside you has all gone to shit!" 

-"My organs are frozen?!" 

-"Logan! I literally don't know ANY more than you do! Now, please! I have other patients to attend to!" he said, marching out the door.

     Holy hell...what's happening to me? And why?

-"This is all my fault..." I started to blame the only person I thought even could be blamed at this point...myself.

     Wait...

-"Compa? IF?" I said, stepping outside the room.

     There was no one waiting for me, going against what I expected. Where were they? I limped out of the hospital, my legs slowly regaining control. Once I got outside, I saw that the streets were in a panic, why? I looked up and saw a man on a floating platform wearing a mask, preventing me from seeing his face. He seemed to be surprised to see me.

-"Ah! Finally! The man of the hour! I knew you wouldn't die so easily! I mean come on, one simple bullet to the heart isn't going to be enough to kill Informer!" the man said.

     This was familiar.

-"Who are you?" I asked, demanding an answer.

-"Who I am is not as important as what's going to happen to these ladies!" he said.

     Another floating platform came up beside him. Compa, IF and the others were in some sort of containment! The fear on their faces made me get serious. I was staring directly at the man.

-"What do you want from me?" I said impatiently.

-"What I want...is a test. A test of you, Logan." he said, flying off to the top of a tower.

     Armed gunmen came out from the bottom, aiming at me. I recognized their suits. They were wearing Planeptune soldier outfits but...their patches were ripped off. Whoever this guy was, he's turning the military against itself! One of them shouted at me.

-"Hey! We've got your precious friends! And we're gonna kill em'...reeeeeal slow." he said.

     I felt my body start to twitch in anger.