This Is No Mistake (2 weeks later)(Lemon Warning)

I've been planning this for a while now, a couple weeks to be precise. Today, I ask the question anyone would be nervous to ask. I just had to find a way to execute it without making them embarrassed. If I know them well enough, they won't take too kindly to me just asking it out in the open. I'm pretty sure they'd want me to ask them somewhere only we'd hear it. Maybe at home or out for dinner? Ever since the war finally ended, we've been doing a lot more things together that didn't involve ammo, shells, or loading cannons. It's been nice to finally have that sort of freedom you get when you completely lift something off your shoulders. It's also great that our nations got all up and running again. For as long as I can remember, I've been focused on protecting my nation, home or anything else that I owned. But now, I just feel like I can be entirely open with the two. Right now however, the three of us were wandering the streets of Planeptune. It had received a few renovations since its reconstruction that everybody's been wanting to see. I even hear that there's a grand reveal happening later today. My only question is, reveal of what? We walked into the newly opened jewelry store. They let us in first for some reason, completely bypassing the line outside. Whether it was out of respect or fear, I didn't know. Apparently, this store had "custom gems" available. It didn't matter too much to me. Nothing could beat the ring I had, thanks to my dad. When I asked about it, the lab boys told me that they found a way to make this particular ring exist in the quantum state. Meaning that it can be worn by both of them at the same time without requiring two different rings. Those two are definitely worth bending matter for.

 Those two are definitely worth bending matter for

     I had a separate one for me obviously. The two seemed fascinated with some of the various patterns that were engraved on the bracelets, rings and necklaces. I took a look at the gemstones section and looked at the color coming off of them. It seemed to be changing color with every blink. I see, quantum light distortion, crafty bugger. Once we had finally seen everything, we left with my wallet coming out unscathed, thankfully. We visited a few other locations before it was time for the big reveal. We made our way to the center of the city and saw a massive object covered by a tarp. Was it some sort of statue? The announcer, Purple Heart, along with the other CPU's stepped up to the microphone. The crowd grew silent with a wave of her hand.

-"Citizens of Gamindustri, whether you come from Lowee, Leanbox, Lastation or Planeptune, you are assembled here today because we all made it through the reign of The Unforgiven. This victory not only marks the day we become stronger united as one, but also commemorates the brave, honorable and resilient soldiers who fought to hold back the enemies' advance. Although some have fallen in battle, we will hold their morals close to our hearts as we proudly show the hidden structure behind me. One man here, a Praetorian, has been willing to fight, die and come back from the dead to protect not only this nation, but Gamindustri as a whole. That's why we take great pride in the reveal of this giant 'thank you' to him." she said, stepping back as she finished.

     The tarp was slowly removed and the crowd started cheering louder and louder. Once it was fully dislodged, I saw something that I would have never expected to witness. The structure was a giant statue of me! I was so struck with awe, I didn't notice that I seemed to be lifted off my feet. The crowd around us starting lifting Compa, IF and I up off the ground! We were being taken towards the stage where the CPU's were. Once we arrived, I regained my balance and started walking towards the microphone where IF and Compa already were. I tripped over a step on my way and I fell over. I went on my knees and shook my head. I looked up to notice the crowd was silent and the CPU's were staring at something in front of me. I looked down and saw the red velvet box! IF and Compa noticed too...dammit. I guess I had no choice now. I scratched the back of my head awkwardly and went to pick up the box.